Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire Help

RyuLevone
RyuLevone
✭✭
So I was wondering if I could get so advice about the vampire skill line. I'm currently a level 41 Dragonknight (not sure the class matters) and I managed to get bit by a vampire the other night. I went ahead and did the quest line to become a vampire and added in a skill point for, forgive me for not remembering the exact name, the ability to drain life from enemies.

Now, here's what I need some help with. I have no interest in being a vampire, but I want to level it up all the way so I can unlock the dye pertaining to that achievement. I'd like to put as little skill points as I can into the skill tree as I can. Does anyone have some tips as to how to level up relatively fast or is what I'm doing kind of going to be a huge waste of time? Any information I looked up about leveling up the skill was all done before they put out the recent patch. I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore. I read before it doesn't matter what level enemies you attack, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

Any help anyone can give me would be awesome. Thanks!
  • JankH
    JankH
    I mastered the vampire skilll line just by taking part in cyrodiil - although I think grinding may be your best bet though I might be wrong.
    PC EU
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    Should I grind against enemies my own level or doesn't it matter?

I'd do cyrodill, but I haven't ventured into that area yet. I'm absolute garbage against other players. Figured I'd save that area until I had a really good grasp on my character and all it's mechanics. Or a group to help.

Also, how long did it take you to level it up all the way?
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    Yea you need to grind in lvl 35+ areas to see a reasonable amount of progress. Just slot drain essence and you'll start gaining vampire xp. It took me about 2 weeks to get lvl 10 vamp, but i started when my character was lvl 25, so it was pretty slow until I reached lvl 35
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    Do I actually need to use drain essence in battle or is it fine to just have it slotted?
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    Im pretty sure all you need is to just have it slotted to get vamp xp, but i think using it makes you lvl up quicker
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    Ah. That would make sense.

Thanks so much for your help guys. I really appreciate it.
  • JankH
    JankH
    RyuLevone wrote: »

I'd do cyrodill, but I haven't ventured into that area yet. I'm absolute garbage against other players. Figured I'd save that area until I had a really good grasp on my character and all it's mechanics. Or a group to help.

I think around a week it took me, but thats because I play quite a bit and I have a ton of spare time. If you plan on grinding you should always grind enemies which are a few levels infront of you. I think if you are 5 levels over the enemies then you'll stop gaining xp.

Edited by JankH on August 4, 2015 5:48PM
    PC EU
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    JankH wrote: »
    RyuLevone wrote: »

I think around a week it took me, but thats because I play quite a bit and I have a ton of spare time. If you plan on grinding you should always grind enemies which are a few levels infront of you. I think if you are 5 levels over the enemies then you'll stop gaining xp.

Sounds like I've got my work cut out for me. The things I'll do for a dye. Thanks for your help :)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With you being level 41, you are going to be able to level your vampire quicker than someone that is low level. My friend and I started a new character ( level 3 ) on a Friday Night, grinded till around 2 am, grinded most the day/night on Saturday, and a few hours on Sunday. I ended up level 38 with my vampire at level 10.

I think I got my vampire when I was at level 8.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    With you being level 41, you are going to be able to level your vampire quicker than someone that is low level. My friend and I started a new character ( level 3 ) on a Friday Night, grinded till around 2 am, grinded most the day/night on Saturday, and a few hours on Sunday. I ended up level 38 with my vampire at level 10.

I think I got my vampire when I was at level 8.

I was really hoping that was the case. I'm really hoping it doesn't take too long considering I don't really want to be a vampire. I don't know how close other skill lines are to each other, but I finally broke down and invested in a subclass (Ardent Flame) around maybe 35 give or take a couple levels and I leveled that up insanely fast. I'm kind of hoping the vampire skill line goes just as fast.