Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Templar, viable w/ Medium Armor?

Swanne
Swanne
Relatively new player to the MMO experience, so I've got a few questions. I've got a VR1 Imperial Templar as my main, and I'm trying to make him max his potential for PvE while getting him prepped for PvP at the same time. I've been pondering either making him into a Stamina build or a Magicka build, and I was wondering if he could pull off a 5M/2L armor set if I decided to focus on stamina; main reason being its passives with weapon damage, and I don't find Heavy arm it's passives don't really do much with health regen, from what I've heard. Other thing is I'm using 1H/Shield as my primary weapon, and I'm torn over what a good secondary weapon would be.

Any and all advice is appreciated!
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Imperials make fantastic Stamina DPS Templars - I would recommend you try that. Drop the shield and use dual wield with Biting Jabs - it's extremely powerful in PVE. 2 Hand is another option as well.

Also, as a stamina build you won't have much use for light armor, so I'd recommend going 7/7 medium armor unless there is a set you want to use that does not come in medium (i.e. Ravager/Dreugh King Slayer/etc).

In PVP you might be better off using 2 Hand and Bow, it seems to be a popular combo for Stamina Templars. Take a look around the forums or the Tamriel Foundry Templar Theorycrafting forum for some build starter ideas.

• Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    i run the same character as you. I run 5 medium and 2 heavy. no need to go light armor if you are stam
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!