Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hello I'm a New Player.

TheLoneWolf
TheLoneWolf
Soul Shriven
Hello I just got this game and I wonder is it better to play this game alone or with people. And if it is I don't have Friends that play this game so if you have a ps4. Leave yout Gamertag below and I'm LV 4. My Gt:The_Lone_Wolf831
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, there is no better - just different. Just find what you enjoy and do it.

There are aspects of the game that aren't accessible without groups but they are not crucial to the completion of the main quest line in the game.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• lovelessgibbon4
    lovelessgibbon4
    Soul Shriven
    You only get 3 delete for characters, so when you make one chose wisely. . Unlike other mmo if you don't like the way your too. Turned out you can delete and start over. Not the case here and I didn't know that so I only have 1 delete left.. good luck and enjoy.. New here also just xboNE
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    You only get 3 delete for characters, so when you make one chose wisely. . Unlike other mmo if you don't like the way your too. Turned out you can delete and start over. Not the case here and I didn't know that so I only have 1 delete left.. good luck and enjoy.. New here also just xboNE

Not sure if it is different on xbox, but it is not 3 deletes per account ever. There is just a cooldown (a common issue was that botfarm where bots create new toons, get the first reward, bank it and then create a new character). So over time you will return to 3 deletes again.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome, @TheLoneWolf !

Friends aren't required, but are nice to have. I'm sure you'll make plenty in-game and on the forums if you ever find yourself feeling lonely :).

By the way, these forums are a great place to ask any questions you may have as a new player. The community, I've found, is very accepting of newbies and will often respond with enthusiasm to your questions and provide insightful answers.

Enjoy the game!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played this game completely solo for the first 6 months, then played more socially. It does help to be in a Guild or two, for trading and asking for help when needed. Some guilds want more interaction, some leave you alone.

There is a Guild on the PS4 called, and you will like this, called Lone Wolf Help. Reach out to @MissBizz here and she can hook you up.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Grapedragon
    Ranique wrote: »

Not sure if it is different on xbox, but it is not 3 deletes per account ever. There is just a cooldown (a common issue was that botfarm where bots create new toons, get the first reward, bank it and then create a new character). So over time you will return to 3 deletes again.

Yeah, there's a cooldown of 24 hours
  • Jhndvdsn25
    Jhndvdsn25
    Soul Shriven
    Hello LoneWolf! I'm also new to the game on ps4. My Gt is Jhndvdsn25 so we could add each other. My internet is currently down, however, and won't be back up until Thursday :/ I can still use the PS app on my phone to add you as a friend and chat.

P.S. I have one character in each faction, so come Thursday there shouldn't be a problem creating a group haha
  • fullerthanu
    fullerthanu
    Soul Shriven
    Add me my psn is fullerthanu08
  • TheLoneWolf
    TheLoneWolf
    Soul Shriven
    Yea thanks everybody. Also the guards keep attacking me for no reason if i turn off my system will it still happen
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a bounty (check bottom right-hand corner of your screen)?...If you do and it is high enough, the guards will attack and attempt to kill you on sight.