The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PVP boring

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't enjoy the pvp of this game, first of all, I'm a very casual player, I don't have friends and I don't belong to any spectacular guild. I like to connect and do some days and some others pvp.

The Problem is that when I go inside Cyrodill I feel me stupid doing nothing. First I look for a Group, if the Party is good, we take some Castle, we rush some people and that's it. But normally is not like this, I find a party we go to a castle and 2 minutes later we are 30 vs 60.They kill us all in a zerging and that's it.

I can't stand the zerging feeling, is disgusting, I feel me more time over the horse, going to one place to another, using catapults, and rushing or be rushed, that the Emotion of the battle.

I used to love the vanilla wow bg, I Play for example moba games, I like the maching System, the pvp skill vs skill, feel the adrenaline and the win or lose, and not go with 5 guys, meet 2 noobs and own them.

Suggestion for me to enjoy the pvp?`should I wait imperial City and small scale pvp Content?
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like the ganking zerg, then eso isn't for you my friend.
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

Options
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Try to contact with your enemies for casual 1vs1? Instead of zerging you can try your pvp skills like that if you want.
    Edited by Ganj on August 2, 2015 10:29PM
    Options
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    Learn PvP and lead the noobs. Take resources quickly and easily. Take down walls quickly and defend your siege. Attack from the proper locations and push at the opportune moment and make tactical retreats. Have different roles and ensure that they are all doing their jobs. A well equipped team with a good strategy can beat any zerg.
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you describe is only one aspect of PvP. Your dilema is fixable. You can get friends. you can join a guild. You can learn other ways to PvP and you can get better at it. Everything you mentioned has a fix.
    Options
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭
    It helps if you care about the war and about helping your side win. PvP takes some getting used to but when you figure it out you can pick and choose what kind of PvP you want to partake in.

For instance... sometimes I just want to practice ganking enemies who are running between keeps/outposts and battles so I sit patiently and wait for people running solo (usually these players are very bad) or with only 1-2 others. Nothing is more exciting to me than ganking a squishy right between his/her two other friends and getting away with it (Magicka NB is pretty amazing for this)... even more fun if I have the resources/life left to try my luck on the others as well.

Sometimes you have a few allies nearby and you can try some small scale battles. They do get overrun by zergs quite often but are still fun until that happens... plus escaping from a zerg is exhilarating as well.

The zerg battles were the last kind that I actually got into and started enjoying... mostly because at first I would just die immediately and think it was impossible to have any other result. It takes practice to know how far you can push without over committing and getting killed by the blob.

Sure I would love for there to be structured XvX arenas implemented into the game for even more fair play, but the AvAvA is quite entertaining when you get into it.
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @teladoy ,

I totally feel you man. Open world AvAvA is tricky to get used to. Something that helped me was creating a build and playstyle that allows you to survive another players engage, whether it be from one ganker or even a small group. Before you know it you'll not only survive, but counter-attack and kill your attacker(s). It's at this point that you can depart completely from the zerg on zerg aspect of Cyrodiil. Find a few buddies that enjoy that same playstyle and roll with them. I pesonally was in a guild that intentionally rolled in a small group with a focus on fighting larger groups of people. The idea was that each of us could take at least 2 other people. 5x2=10, 7x2=14. Zergs can be busted.

Gank people.
    Prep keeps.
    Take resources and Outposts to cut off transit.
    Focus healers in the back.
    Camp transit lines (Gank)

I'm sure there are more. Idk what kind of character you play, but I think there are options for people like yourself!
    Options
  • CharlieDango
    CharlieDango
    Soul Shriven

Having your only PVP choices be between campaigns where either DF or EP control the entire map and spend the duration of the campaign ganking people before they get through the gate is getting really old.
    Options
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh. You've basically explained PvP with your OP. Unfortunately, most of us are clinically insane, and cannot stop what we've gotten ourselves into. Imperial City will be fun, but there is still no instanced/structured PvP coming anytime soon or even at all. I personally would love this option, because 1v50'ing gets old after over a year. I mean, things are changing up some, now I'll be 1v50'ing with the added NPC obstacles and huge bosses that never deaggro. Don't get me wrong, I'm only being passive aggressive because I never understood why ZOS revealed a functioning arena at Quakcon last year, just to never give it to us. I still plan on playing this game..
    Edited by PeggymoeXD on August 4, 2015 12:28AM
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
    Options