Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning Completely Bizarre

RobbieRocket
RobbieRocket
✭✭✭
Hi,
So I managed to get Provisioning to level 50 by the time my character was only level 25 and still I had not completed more than one writ. This is not because I can't be bothered, I have competed almost 200 for other crafts, but I don't even have the first or second recipe ( I don't recall if I maybe managed one).

I have over 125 recipes, have made green, blue and now even purple recipes for myself, friends, guild members and sale. I still cannot get the first or second writ. 2 recipes that are supposedly simple yet rare as anything, Carrot Soup and Golden Beer. (I play on PS4).

Most of the food I have crafted has been post-level 50 and so I gain no XP or levelling from it (that I can see), I just use time and earn money, share or use for my own buffing.

So my questions,
How can I get hold of Bervez Juice and Frost Mirriam to make my purple food/drink - which incidentally I have had to buy recipes for almost all blue I have and certainly all purple. I must have gained the 2 ingredients once each before now, via provisioner and possibly writ (if I did indeed manage one), but now I am stuck.

Help please?
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    ...and how bizarre is provisoning?
    - the levelling is insane relative to the others, especially Enchanting
    - you can only make items if you have a recipe making (presumed) easy foods very challenging and rare, regardless of how many thousands of batches you have made of other items post-level 50.
    - you have no control over vital ingredients
    - using 6 skill points to increase items by 15 mins longevity when the purples are already 3 hours (blue 2 hours) and each skill point on chef/brewer essentially doubled the time (+ 30 mins, 1 hour or 2 hours) is poorly conceived. It should have been percent-based. For example 120% time (35>42 mins, 1 hour>1h12, 2 hours>2h24), 135% time and maxed out at 150% time (52.5 mins, 1h30, 3h).
  • SirMorg
    SirMorg
    I shared your issue of not being able to find carrot soup and golden lager and then levelling beyond these simple receipts. I cancelled the writ and went back to the message board and after 3 attempts got given two different receipes that I did have. I have also found that if you remove an item made by someone else from the guild bank that it counts as you crafting it. As such I have been able to complete quite a few provisioning writs through a combo of my own crafting or the generosity of my fellow guild members.

As for purple materials I can't comment as my provisioning level is only 31. I have sometimes seen them in the guild stores but usually 10k minimum.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Great response.
    I received 22 Bervez Juice somehow (provisoner?) and 12 Frost Miriam (?) but nothing since. I shall cancel the writ. Thanks.
  • Boonie
    Boonie
    I've received all my purple provisioning mats from the maxed provisioning hireling. You have a chance of getting around 4 to 6 of them twice a day.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    I have maxed hirelings since character level 25. I'm V2 now and I received Frost Miriam once and Bervez Juice once.
    My hirelings are ripping me off, I think they just go round to the veggie patch behind my hovel.
  • xDriftzz
    xDriftzz
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry to hear that, I've received 6 Bevel Juices and 6 Frost Miriams from my hirelings. Only been provision about 2 weeks. I just think you have to keep on doing the writs. Also I your provisioning scales to your level so if you abandon the writ and wait a day it'll give you new recipes. I've completed about 4 writs and now that the psijic ambrosia potions are out I will be doing more and more. Good luck!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange, I have not seen a Purple Ingredient from my Hirelings in weeks. I get them from Writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    2 recipes that are supposedly simple yet rare as anything, Carrot Soup and Golden Beer. (I play on PS4).

Help please?

These recipes are rare because they are part of the selection of what is asked for to do a writ at level 1. The only reason to do L1 Writs are because you don't have the skills to do higher level ones. The simple solution for you is to raise your recipe level up to 2 or 3 so you can do those recipes as they are easier to find. Reason, most people don't deal with intermediate writs, either they are L1 or L6, so the intermediate recipes are easy to find.

See this to help you figure out what level to do the writs for. See what level you have the recipes for already and what ones you can buy and do the writs at those levels.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/196867/provisioning-writ-recipes-for-all-factions

Edited by Nestor on July 29, 2015 4:10PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning Writ is extremely difficult to complete. Its because they have 3 recipe's in the game for each buff. Meaning if there are at least 3 recipes that give +300Hp & +300Stam, and each uses different ingredients. WHY!? They need to make it so there's only ONE recipe for each level of buff to decrease the amount of recipes needed in the game. I have myself and 2 others gathering recipe's for my one provisioner for the past 3-4 weeks and I still dont have every recipe in the game.
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    Remember, you can find recipes at guild traders if you want to complete the writ yourself. You can also have some else craft the food for you and use that to turn it it. At the upper levels, the writs are ridiculously easy to complete and drop purple ingredients consistently.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As Nestor suggested, if you have the skill points, just put a few in the Provisioning level to raise it to be at the level of recipes you have. Level 1 is difficult to do because there are 4 levels of recipes in that tier (level 1, level 5, level 10, and level 15 recipes). Then there are 3 types of each green category, so 3x6=18. So, 18 green recipes at each level x 4 levels, so 72 total green recipes at Provisioning level 1. Then, throw in the blue recipes (36 of those) and you have a much smaller chance of finding the recipe you need in a writ reward or in containers throughout the first zone.

Best bet is to hit the guild traders for recipes or the crafted food/drink, or check you guild banks. Also, abandon any writs you cannot complete. They reset every day, so you'll have to wait a day to pull a new writ.

I understand your frustration - provisioning is the only craft which requires you to find a recipe before you can craft anything. But, I can walk up to a blacksmith station and, provided I have the materials, I can make a cuirass! With no training, no schematic. But, I walk up to a cooking pot with some carrots and I can't even put them in and attempt to make carrot soup? Nope, can't even experiment like you can with Alchemy.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    MikeB wrote: »
    ... I have myself and 2 others gathering recipe's for my one provisioner for the past 3-4 weeks and I still dont have every recipe in the game.
    There are something like 484 recipes in the game. I've been playing since Beta and I still don't have them all. I'm missing less than 50 now, but short of paying tens of thousands of gold at a Guild Kiosk for some of the rare missing ones, it'll still take a while. Writs help a lot, with the rare missing recipes.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • vancemakerdance

It can take a long time to find the needed recipes for writs, even when using guild traders. I have had a lot of success visiting guild traders in zones where the given recipe may actually drop. For low level writs, try checking guild traders in lower level zones (ex: Elden Root for AD). When you hit 50 in provisioning and get access to the max level writs, check the guild traders in Coldharbour and Craglorn for those recipes.
  • understeer
    Provisioning Completely Bizarre yes you should be about L30 in it. Its too easy to level. I was L17 when I hit 50
  • arowz
    arowz
    Some recipes can only be found in other alliance's areas. Carrot Slurry is only found in Daggerfall Covenant areas, for example. Best to use guild stores if you can't access those areas.