The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Points - how to get them

CavalierKing
CavalierKing
✭✭
I think there is a lot of mystery behind how to get alliance points and which activities are most effective, so I was hoping the community could create a guide explaining it. Here are some of the questions I have, feel free to post your own questions and hopefully someone can answer.

1. Do you get alliance points when you're dead, but before you respawn? For example, let's say your group is about to take a keep but you die before the flag flips. Do you still get the capture tick if you are laying there dead? In my experience you do as I've seen my kill enemy quest counter go up even when I'm dead.

2. Do you get alliance points even after you respawn? Same question, but instead if you respawn rather than lay there.

3. How close do you need to be to your group members in order to share their alliance points? Can you be across the map? At the next keep? A resource away? Or do you have to be at the same location (Arrius keep, Arrius farm, Arrius grounds, etc.)?

4. What activities get you alliance points? Healing, damage dealing, killing players, killing NPCs, destroying walls, repairing walls, taking keeps, defending keeps, taking resources, defending resources, picking up scrolls, securing scrolls, reviving players, doing PvE quests in Cyrodiil, etc.

5. How do you share in other players' kills? Is hitting an enemy once while someone else gets the kill allow you to share the alliance points? What about healing? Does doing more damage/healing net you more alliance points for that kill? Is there a difference between being soloed and helping others versus being in a group (amount of alliance points and how easy it is to share points).

6. Are there percentage ticks for repairing/destroying a wall? Let's say you are repairing a wall and you're getting alliance points for each repair, is there an extra tick when you hit say 75%?

7. Can you rank alliance point gaining activities from best to worst (highest to lowest)? That is, what gives you the most, and what gives you the least?

8. What are the best ways to get alliance points for each class/build/role? Should all templars be healers and should all healers roll with a group? Should dragonknights be frontline tanks? Should nightblades be gankers? What about bowmen? What about non-traditionals such as heavy armor battle mages?

9. Do sieges grant you more or less alliance points per kill?

10. What are the best ways to get alliance points in off-peak hours versus population lock hours?

11. Any other questions or tips not thought of here would be greatly appreciated :-)
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think there is a lot of mystery behind how to get alliance points and which activities are most effective, so I was hoping the community could create a guide explaining it. Here are some of the questions I have, feel free to post your own questions and hopefully someone can answer.

1. Do you get alliance points when you're dead, but before you respawn? For example, let's say your group is about to take a keep but you die before the flag flips. Do you still get the capture tick if you are laying there dead? In my experience you do as I've seen my kill enemy quest counter go up even when I'm dead.

2. Do you get alliance points even after you respawn? Same question, but instead if you respawn rather than lay there.

3. How close do you need to be to your group members in order to share their alliance points? Can you be across the map? At the next keep? A resource away? Or do you have to be at the same location (Arrius keep, Arrius farm, Arrius grounds, etc.)?

4. What activities get you alliance points? Healing, damage dealing, killing players, killing NPCs, destroying walls, repairing walls, taking keeps, defending keeps, taking resources, defending resources, picking up scrolls, securing scrolls, reviving players, doing PvE quests in Cyrodiil, etc.

5. How do you share in other players' kills? Is hitting an enemy once while someone else gets the kill allow you to share the alliance points? What about healing? Does doing more damage/healing net you more alliance points for that kill? Is there a difference between being soloed and helping others versus being in a group (amount of alliance points and how easy it is to share points).

6. Are there percentage ticks for repairing/destroying a wall? Let's say you are repairing a wall and you're getting alliance points for each repair, is there an extra tick when you hit say 75%?

7. Can you rank alliance point gaining activities from best to worst (highest to lowest)? That is, what gives you the most, and what gives you the least?

8. What are the best ways to get alliance points for each class/build/role? Should all templars be healers and should all healers roll with a group? Should dragonknights be frontline tanks? Should nightblades be gankers? What about bowmen? What about non-traditionals such as heavy armor battle mages?

9. Do sieges grant you more or less alliance points per kill?

10. What are the best ways to get alliance points in off-peak hours versus population lock hours?

11. Any other questions or tips not thought of here would be greatly appreciated :-)

1. Yes
    2. No (unless you respawn in the same keep)
    3. Same location (distance wise, you don't have to actually be in the same zone if you are at the borders)
    4. killing players, healing players that were damaged by players, repariring walls/doors, reviving players, hading in PvP quests, capturing/defending objectives.
    5. Hitting an enemy once will grant you the kill, but the Ap earned on your target will be low/zero. The more dmg you do the more ap you get from that target (higher percentage of the target's total ap value). AP is shared between all the killers, so the less players participate in a kill, the more ap they get. One solo kill is usually worth 800-900 AP, divided by two when two in the group etc, although the math changes a bit after 4 members it seems.
    6. No extra tick, same ap for each repair kit used.
    7. No
    8. You'll get more AP per kill solo, but you'll get less kills, it's up to you to find the best medium.
    9. No
    10. Go to where the action is, farm attack and defense ticks mostly.
    11. Install addons like FTC or alliance point logger to see how much AP you gain in real time. Unless you are on console and then I pity you !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• RockyJoeHawkins
    RockyJoeHawkins
    Soul Shriven
    I've watched my ap while building walls on more than one occasion,

Repair kit

Check Ap

Didn't gain.

Repair again.

Check again.

Nothing.

I'm not convinced it pays out.

Unless its like the attacks and defenses which I'm xpretty sure payout after it all calms down.
    Though if your repairing a wall its typically calm. So maybe its like every so many minutes.
    But I haven't seen an immediate gain.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play for at least 8h+ and group when you can.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to get AP?

There should be one answer only "Faction pride and alliance commitment"
    The truth is grinding no matter which alliance or character.

Global account concepts kinda disgusting.
    Edited by Bromburak on July 30, 2015 5:00AM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've watched my ap while building walls on more than one occasion,

Repair kit

Check Ap

Didn't gain.

Repair again.

Check again.

Nothing.

I'm not convinced it pays out.

Unless its like the attacks and defenses which I'm xpretty sure payout after it all calms down.
    Though if your repairing a wall its typically calm. So maybe its like every so many minutes.
    But I haven't seen an immediate gain.

Check again, you get AP for every repair kit used, 100% guaranteed
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get AP for kits used, though the kits cost more AP than you get back from using them - you get about 10% of the cost back.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CavalierKing I've updated http://darkelves.com/ with a section on making AP.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    So, I figured out the real "secret" now that I've made emperor.

#1 Be really good
    #2 Be so good that you're accepted by an elite PvP guild
    #3 Run with a small group (less than 16) of these guild members constantly
    #4 Set up traps with siege combos (fire ballistas, meatbag catapults, oil catapults) and tank/healer combos inside keeps and resource towers
    #5 Repair all the walls

That's really it. Just learn how to be a good player and run with a small group of really good players. A good group of 5 can do more damage than 2 groups of randoms.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I figured out the real "secret" now that I've made emperor.

#1 Be really good
    #2 Be so good that you're accepted by an elite PvP guild
    #3 Run with a small group (less than 16) of these guild members constantly
    #4 Set up traps with siege combos (fire ballistas, meatbag catapults, oil catapults) and tank/healer combos inside keeps and resource towers
    #5 Repair all the walls

That's really it. Just learn how to be a good player and run with a small group of really good players. A good group of 5 can do more damage than 2 groups of randoms.

That'll get you AP, but getting other faction members to push emp can be the overall challenge.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    Yes, that is very difficult since almost everyone not in the top 10 just wants scrolls and everyone in the top 10 is hoping they can get to #1 before you get crowned.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after you defend a keep, run as far away from the keep as possible; make sure to take as many players as possible with you. do not worry if you see me hanging back while you run past...
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that is very difficult since almost everyone not in the top 10 just wants scrolls and everyone in the top 10 is hoping they can get to #1 before you get crowned.

That depends on the campaign.. It gets to the point after you've been emperor a few times that you just don't care about it anymore.

This reset, the blues have been farming emperors on Azura's, with one being night zerg-capped almost every night. That person then drops campaign and the cycle continues, so they don't really care if there are a few people ahead as long as they keep playing they'll get their turn.

AD used to be well coordinated, and we helped a LOT of people (those of us in the lead swapping to other toons until people without emp had passed us on the leader board) get crowned, but the cooperation just isn't there anymore.