The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best nightblade build

dollar15dn
Hey everyone, i have a sorcerer atm but i want to build a nightblade to pvp with, any tips on which skills to take, which weapons to use or any general tips?
  • WolfgangArmadeus
    WolfgangArmadeus
    ✭✭✭
    There are alot of threads recently asking the same thing, no need for a new one... type in "nightblade" in the search bar, or even better, google "eso nightblade build" and you will get tons of opinions on good builds... it will be much faster...
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    dollar15dn wrote: »
    Hey everyone, i have a sorcerer atm but i want to build a nightblade to pvp with, any tips on which skills to take, which weapons to use or any general tips?

Youtube umbra nighblade
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Start with 2 hander + Bow then work your way into 2hander + sword + Board.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

With the patch coming 2 hander is nerfed and sword an board is bad on nightblade with patch hes better going dw and resto magica
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

With the patch coming 2 hander is nerfed and sword an board is bad on nightblade with patch hes better going dw and resto magica

Huh?

How is 2-hander nerfed? The increased cost of rally is inconsequential, especially now that we have access to vigor.

Sword and board has become even better after patch.Yeah block spam is nerfed but you will still be able to block the attacks you want and absorb magick got a huge buff and it is already amazing in 1.6 for a stamblade. Now that you can't dodge roll spam you're going to need something to counter all the fragment/overload/crushing shock/magicka nb garbage so why not spam a cheap ability that heals you with every attack that hits?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • dollar15dn
    Cheers guys, i don't really want to be a magika based character as i have a veteran 3 mage, i'm going towards a specter build i saw on deltia gamings channel, anyone played this build? Also any tips for what the best skills to take are? I'm loving the teleport strike
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh?

How is 2-hander nerfed? The increased cost of rally is inconsequential, especially now that we have access to vigor.

Sword and board has become even better after patch.Yeah block spam is nerfed but you will still be able to block the attacks you want and absorb magick got a huge buff and it is already amazing in 1.6 for a stamblade. Now that you can't dodge roll spam you're going to need something to counter all the fragment/overload/crushing shock/magicka nb garbage so why not spam a cheap ability that heals you with every attack that hits?

You are talking about stam builds and he about magicka build ... and both not making sense because of it.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭

Huh?

They nerfed heavy attacks
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    This (or very similar builds) is the easy-way to go.

https://youtu.be/PEyGdLTpWjw
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    Put all points in stamina. Slot a bow. Then another bow. Have fun in PvP.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so was this a bad time to park my VET stamina NB and start a magicka NB?
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dark cloak behind your victim, place fire ballista, shoot
  • dollar15dn
    D

Why 2 bows?
  • bsmorrowb14_ESO
    bsmorrowb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    D

Why 2 bows?

b/c duel wielding bows on PTS is beast!
  • dollar15dn
    D

Why 2 bows?

I really have no clue about anything pvp, so you will have to explain in simple terms lol
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MY BUILD is the best NB build.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • bsmorrowb14_ESO
    bsmorrowb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    D

Why 2 bows?

I really have no clue about anything pvp, so you will have to explain in simple terms lol

Sorry man, I was just playing. I think that the other poster was suggesting was to have a bow setup on both bars. Probably one for single target and one built around AOE/escape maybe?

• dollar15dn
    D

Why 2 bows?

Sorry man, I was just playing. I think that the other poster was suggesting was to have a bow setup on both bars. Probably one for single target and one built around AOE/escape maybe?

Oh ok cool, cheers man, that sounds like a good way to go actually
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This (or very similar builds) is the easy-way to go.

https://youtu.be/PEyGdLTpWjw

That's really not an easy build to play. He's better off going with a 2H stam build with Morag Tong and Hunding's Rage.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian Dual Resto Heavy Armor Stamina NB using Agony, twisting path, blood altar and VoB.
    Also Trainings Traits to achieve best results.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Argonian Dual Resto Heavy Armor Stamina NB using Agony, twisting path, blood altar and VoB.
    Also Trainings Traits to achieve best results.

ah ah ah, you forgot all health enchants on the armor!
  • dollar15dn
    I'm an imperial