Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A question about speed running

Umad_BrO
Umad_BrO
✭✭✭
I was wondering if I speedrun the main storyline to get vet stats faster, will my side quests still be available?
What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they will however you will likely only get exp from the quest compleation rewards. Also you are more than likely going to burn yourself out of intrest in doing the side quests as you will be able to steamroll them as you will be far to over leveled for the quest and will have little to no challenge in them.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they will still be available, but you will get significantly less XP for completing them and no XP or loot from mob kills (assuming you are 5 levels above the enemies).

Also, the main storyline (the one with the prophet) has quests that are only available every 5 levels, so you can't just run straight through them in order to level faster. The main story by itself is also not going to give you enough XP to get to Vet Level and one main story quest is certainly not going to gain you the five levels required to pick up the next one.

If you are talking about doing the prophet storyline along with the main story quests for each zone, I'm still not sure that would be enough to get a new character just leaving the tutorial in Coldharbor all the way to Veteran Level. You will probably have to do a ton of mob grinding if you aren't planning on doing any of the side quests until later.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can probably hit V14 without doing a single quest
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Umad_BrO
    Umad_BrO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all, you just saved me from getting very confused :)
    What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?