Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Immune to werewolf bites ?

Banjin
Banjin
Another player tried to bite me in front of the shrine. I get the bloody face, but I don't fall down and I don't get the werewolf quest. He tried again and again, the game told him "target is immune". My character is level 9 nightblade, bosmer, with no buffs.

Is this a known bug ?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You hadn't already been bitten by a vampire, right? The vampire disease is the only thing I know of that makes you immune to getting bitten by a werewolf.
  • Banjin
    Banjin
    Nope, fresh character. No fang marks.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody face? never seen that before and you will certainly not see fang marks. Having read similar posts on this I know that it is all to do with the countdown timer, if the WW transforms at the shrine the timer will be full and not allow the devour to work, as it thinks the WW does not need to feed. If it happens again ask the person biting you to leave the shrine momentarily and then return and try the bite again.

Hope that helps you.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • LordDovakhiin
    I seen this happen today in Daggerfall. Four people including me tried to bite a kid, eventually the kid had to hard reset his console and log back in. After that, one of the guys was able to bite him. Not sure if it's a known bug or not, but if your on console try doing that next time, hopefully it works. I'd also check your active effects again to make sure your not infected with vampirism.
  • Banjin
    Banjin
    Finally got the quest and became a werewolf !

Here's how it happened. The other player transformed away from the shrine. I stood right in front of the shrine and waited. He came from behind and bit me, I fell to the ground and the quest activated. Did the quest (click on the alter, walk in the portal...) and am now a WW.

I think my earlier attempt failed because the WW transformed right next to the shrine and immediately bit me. He then tried to tranform away from the shrine but it said "target is immune" probably resulting from his first attempt.

So if this happens to anyone here's my solution : get killed so the "bitten" buff disappears, relog, get the WW to transform away from the shrine and come back to bite you from behind as you face the shrine. If you fall down, it worked.

PS: To the guys above, thanx for your help !
  • Banjin
    Banjin
    To Artfuldodger : Here's the bloody face :)

988566Screenshot20150801220008.png
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    That's just a picture of some bird who fell asleep sunbathing :D
    Glad you got it sorted.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Looks more like Darth Mauls little sister
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how to fix this! It's happened to me on two seperate occasions!

All you need to do is get killed and respawn, then you're good to get bitten.

KilDGut.png
    Edited by Dekkameron on August 2, 2015 6:07PM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    A WW must have his transform counter below full otherwise he can't bite another player.

Transforming at the shrine causes the count down to stay full .. need to get away from shrine to allow it to tick down a bit then go back to shrine to lock it in place.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Grapedragon
    I seen this happen today in Daggerfall. Four people including me tried to bite a kid, eventually the kid had to hard reset his console and log back in. After that, one of the guys was able to bite him. Not sure if it's a known bug or not, but if your on console try doing that next time, hopefully it works. I'd also check your active effects again to make sure your not infected with vampirism.

I've seen this as well before, several wolfs tried to bite someone, the animation started but he didn't get the bloody face nor the infection. I bit him as well, nothing worked.
    Only solution, hard reset. Weird bug :)