Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Sorc Build - Assistance, please!

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi folks,

I've been wanting to try a new build, so currently giving Stam sorc a shot (just hit level 30). I'm still relatively new to ESO, so please bare with me. From what I've noticed, it's great against single targets, but does not fare very well against multiple enemies. My Templar easily ravishes through countless foes with ease, but my stam sorc appears to be struggling a bit.
I've chosen Imperial for the race, medium armour and werewolf - all for those stam bonuses, which works wonders.
Primarily I use 2h weapons for damage and self healing (Surge + Crit rush). Gods how I miss my Templar's healing ability.
Because I have trouble fighting multiple enemies, I generally go into WW form as much as possible. It just makes life easier, but it would be nice not to have to rely on it. I wanted a stam sorc, not a beast.
Can anyone give me some tips on working with this class? I don't require any complete builds, just some ideas I can try, useful skills/combinations. Anything that might help!

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this was answered elsewhere.
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

I've been wanting to try a new build, so currently giving Stam sorc a shot (just hit level 30). I'm still relatively new to ESO, so please bare with me. From what I've noticed, it's great against single targets, but does not fare very well against multiple enemies. My Templar easily ravishes through countless foes with ease, but my stam sorc appears to be struggling a bit.
    I've chosen Imperial for the race, medium armour and werewolf - all for those stam bonuses, which works wonders.
    Primarily I use 2h weapons for damage and self healing (Surge + Crit rush). Gods how I miss my Templar's healing ability.
    Because I have trouble fighting multiple enemies, I generally go into WW form as much as possible. It just makes life easier, but it would be nice not to have to rely on it. I wanted a stam sorc, not a beast.
    Can anyone give me some tips on working with this class? I don't require any complete builds, just some ideas I can try, useful skills/combinations. Anything that might help!

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this was answered elsewhere.

Rn stam sorcs are the worst you cant really heal all that much honestly, ur best bet is to level up ur alliance rank in cyrodiil and wait for vigor to go lower on the assault skill line and use that to heal off of thats all i can say sorry. I also want my sorc to try out stam. Also use lighting fourm (40% speed boost morph) that will help you some and puncture from sword and shirld thats wwhat i would run sword and shield for better survival and a 2h or bow on ur back bar

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wouldnt crit surge be viable for heals?
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit surge is not reliable for heals.

Vigor and dark exchange are your best friends. Rally if you run a two hand.

I recommend steel tornado, caltrops, arrow spray, silver shards for aoe
    Edited by Cathexis on July 31, 2015 6:55AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Crit surge is not reliable for heals.

Vigor and dark exchange are your best friends. Rally if you run a two hand.

I recommend steel tornado, caltrops, arrow spray, silver shards for aoe

Yeah , it doesn't seem to heal too much. It can help a little if you're about 80% - it's possible to keep it up for a while. Wow, how did I not see Dark Exchange? I have an abundance of stamina so that could definitely work.
    I'll check out those aoe skills too. Thanks for tip!
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to warn you, stamina Sorc is worse in 1.7 than live @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm not even being hyperbolic. I have played stamina sorc since 1.5 in February and have logged over 10 hrs testing on PTS.

Stamina damage is getting hit very hard by the overall damage nerf in the next update and since the protection from magicka damage is also getting nerfed (nirn is now OP and will no longer be so), overall magicka damage is getting a significant boost next patch for PVP.

The only changes offered to stamina sorc have been the addition of a stamina morph to Lightning Form (Thundering Presence) and also the change in animation for Dark Exchange. Plus Critical surge which I can address in addendum.

That is it.

As in, that is ****ing all, go home you stinking Argonian (/s I love you Argonians, you are so OP).

Thundering Presence gives you a stamina cost you don't want, for piddling damage (0.5k DPS lulz) plus it lacks the speed boost from Boundless Storm which gives just as many Disintegration chances, half the damage and is a much needed magicka dump.

NEXT!!!

Dark Exchange can give you awesome resource return on live despite the long channel as it currently stands because you can block cancel at any point.

Dark Exchange for 1.7 on the PTS gives you 2k stamina and 3k health for a 1 sec cast with no snare. Wow you say, that is the bomb. Except ZERO resources are returned until after the animation global cooldown so that means you get that resource return every ~1.7secs.

Not so awesome now and is only half the resources you would get back compared to live.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Mojmir
      Mojmir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm thinking for mine I might add entropy,I had rally but Im,switching to DW. I picked a bad time I guess to start this build
    2. Jogi1
      Jogi1
      ✭✭
      HI!

I used to play stamina based Sorcerer and found it quite fun. I tried various attack methods and ended using bow and dual wield. I had never problems with single enemies, but with groups you had to be creative. So I ended using following rotation on groups:

Bow: Volley --> idea is to start an aoe damage
      switch weapon
      Streak: I used this to get to middle of the group
      Strom Calling: --> Liquid Lightning
      DW: Whirlwind --> more dps
      Encase enemies if you need time to get resources back up or low in health and Arrow Spray.
      If any alive use Mage's Fury

Hard part is to aim all aoe that you use to same spot and also you easily streak too far or too short from the group. I used also Bound Armor in some cases where I had troubles with incoming damage. With Bosses I used a pet to get all aggro and kite them with bow.

Just found this:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHGAyhOdH_k
      (ESO V14 STORMTROOPER STAMINA SORCERER BUILD KING RICHARD ). Amazing build by King Richard
      Edited by Jogi1 on August 1, 2015 1:33PM
      "Anon us most soon again, for sooth."
      Lord Rugdumph gro-Shurgak
    3. Jar_Ek
      Jar_Ek
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I found 2hander to be the way to go... but then I am slightly hybrid and a little bit tanky. But I run brawler for the shields in multi target fights, with liquid lightning and rally for heals and use a clannfear as offtank and emergency heals.
      I have also run dw and bow, but without the heals from rally and spammable shields from brawler, it is more tricky. Having said that without heals cc is your friend and especially snares with bows.
    4. Waylander
      Waylander
      ✭✭✭✭
      Stamina sorc is getting some love.

Weapon power passive for each sorc ability slotted.

10% stamina regen passive.

One other stam buff not discussed on the Q&A.

I am a stamina sorc and I use:
      2h
      Crit Charge
      Wrecking blow
      Streak
      Rally
      Camo Hunter/executioner
      U: flawless Dawnbreaker

DW
      Quick cloak
      Crit Surge
      Steel Tornado
      Lightning Form (speed buff morph) / shuffle
      Camo Hunter / anti cavalry caltrops
      U: Werewolf

I find it challenging and fun. Mobility is great, stamina regen is a bit of a weakness, but I run the air set for a double stam buff.

WW is amazing provided you don't use it in front of a Zerg. 1 v 1,2,3 or 4 and WW can destroy them.

They biggest criticism is that not many sorc abilities can warrant a spot on the bar, making the build fairly class generic.
      Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
      Waylander
      Frankie
      Krylla
      Uniter
      Macgyverr
      Ivy
    5. Alucardo
      Alucardo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Waylander wrote: »
      They biggest criticism is that not many sorc abilities can warrant a spot on the bar, making the build fairly class generic.

Thanks for the info, and yeah I was a little concerned about this too. I questioned why I bothered picking sorcerer, then I remembered, that:

- We have a passive to reduce ultimate cost by 15% (Quicker for werewolf form)
      - Surge is just so good

I don't have Rally at the moment, but Forward Momentum seems to be a good alternative: 20% weapon damage, slight healing and immunity to snares and immobilizes. So with this and crit surge I'm finding it a bit easier to keep my health up. DW looks like the solution to my AoE issues. Comment below.

Reading the comments made me realise I need to get my DW up. Like a total noob I've been sticking with 2h for 45 levels now and only using my second bar to boost skills, or add spells I rarely use.

Thanks to everyone for your contributions. It has been very informative :smile: