The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Jewelry questions

Kyye
Kyye
✭✭✭
I read a post on divines trait vs mundus, one post had an email of information on the subject directly for a ZoS employee stating "jewelry level."

My questions are, is there such thing as a jewelry level? And also if there is a good way to obtain jewelry for your level? So far I've only received jewelry through quests and drops. I haven't run into any materials that hint towards crafting jewelry however, I've always wondered why we can't, if we can't.

Any input would be appreciated! Happy adventures!
XBL GT: CWB Hempire
Bright moons guide your steps.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no jewelry crafting, you can only use items you pick up (or buy).

I think the reason for the lack is so that it makes it harder to mix and match sets. If you could create your own Hunding's Rage jewelry, for instance, then you could easily have five items and so leave five armour slots for another set - so you get the benefit of two five piece sets.

The answer they usually give to these questions (also spellcrafting) is that it's a matter of "balance".
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that makes plenty of sense, I would agree in this aspect. I was just curious because it was clearly stated as jewelry level. Must have meant craft level. I'm assuming dungeons are a good source of jewelry?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyye wrote: »
    Yeah that makes plenty of sense, I would agree in this aspect. I was just curious because it was clearly stated as jewelry level. Must have meant craft level. I'm assuming dungeons are a good source of jewelry?

There is a Jewelery Level, you can find jewelry at all levels. Does not need to be kept in lock step with your character level, just needs to be effective for what you want to do. If your going to re-enchant the jewelery because you want more of an effect or you want something different, the level matters in regards to what glyph you make or buy to put on it.

As for where to find them, they are a loot drop like any other, just drop less often. So, there is no trick to finding them other than killing mobs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously there are levels associated with the item, but in this scenario "jewelry level" was used in a crafting level term. Jewelry has traits that do not scale if you put a higher enchantment on them making them not so viable As you progress. Because my lowbie only PvPs and levels are few and far between making a set of jewelry very useful.
    Edited by Kyye on August 1, 2015 7:27PM