The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Damage Still Too High - Make It 50% Reduction

TagaParti
TagaParti
✭✭✭✭
Players tried PTS
Newbies and Veterans alike
Walk out from keep
Ride their mounts
500 meters further
1 arrow flies
Dead!

Tried Again
This time Crystal fragment
Dead!

Tried Again
1 Ambush & 1 Wrecking Blow
Dead

Need more damage reduction ZOS.
People will be frustrated a lot if
They lose Telvar Stones in a blink of an eye.

Give more time for players to react.
Reduce the damage to as what you initially planned
50% will be enough

Dont worry too much about those 1-shot build players
If theyre really good then they can still kill players
They can still gank players
The most important thing is
Both the ganker and the victim
Will have a time to really fight
And at the end of it all
They can say,
Good Fight!
Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
youtube channel: tagaparti
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make it 100% reduction, then nobody will ever be upset that they died.
    Edited by eNumbra on July 30, 2015 12:59AM
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage ain't too high! I'd like a dmg buff for stam by 50% so I can get through them Sorc shields!
    NA/PC
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually someone at Zo$ will figure out this is an MMO not a FPS.

1 second fights are not fun
    10 second fights are cool
    30 second fights are skillfull
    and sorc fights are boring.
  • CrazedDark
    CrazedDark
    ✭✭
    All of the
    written
    like this
    are getting kinda
    annoying.
    VR 14 Nord Templar Nils of the Gylander
    VR 1 Dark Elf Sorc Lazarus of the Fallen
    VR 7 Dark Elf DK Crazed of the Dark

Phoenix Rising

"For the Pact."
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you were unkillable? cough
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me?

The Update 7 PvP changes is an absolute mess.

*Will elaborate when I have time*
    Edited by Sypher on July 30, 2015 3:08AM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fi'yra wrote: »
    I thought you were unkillable? cough

Clearly they meant to die on purpose!....

... :p
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • ewhite106b16_ESO
    ewhite106b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Damage got reduced a bit too much considering the drastic nerf to spell/weapon power on sets. I havent seen any one shots at all on PTS.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taga.......drink some more beer!!!!!!!! <3
    NA/PC
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can actually hit just as hard as I do on live. Its pretty simple put weapon damge or spell damage glyphs on now that they are buffed. Also trap beast is op.
    Edited by manny254 on July 30, 2015 3:14PM
    - Mojican
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please god no more damage debuffs......WoE and liquid lightning are already stupid low damage....... 50 damage every half a second against someone holding block standing in aoe is just dumb. they need to cap skills at a max damage they can EVER reach.......

start with all the skills people spam to correct the one shot builds (now two shot builds), then from there buff the under performing skills. AoE should be something you DONT want to stand in, as it sits now in pts whats the point of moving out? There isnt one. Players have 20k+ health, 50 damage every half a second isnt nothing.

That is just an example currently going on. That is also the least of the issues currently. Why reduce damage for everything by 50% when they could easily set a max damage point for skills to avoid this crap lol everything is penalized because people were 1 shotting everyone. heir knee jerk reaction is just flat out dumb
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    Are you kidding me?

Sypher gets it, it is just one big mess. Build viability went out the window with this patch. You are now forced into cookie cutter builds period. In live you can at least stray away and as long as you had skill you could destroy cookie cutters. Now you can only use the strongest skills because everything else just sucks in comparison with these changes. I.E. welcome to one build meta anything else is junk and if the numbers are not worth it after calculating the nerf to damage in then you wont even consider it.
    Edited by OGLezard on July 30, 2015 5:08PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you have more of an issue with the stealth bonus for than damage in general. I could live with a stealth damage nerf, but the 50% is enough on regular damage.
    Edited by timidobserver on July 30, 2015 5:13PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I can actually hit just as hard as I do on live. Its pretty simple put weapon damge or spell damage glyphs on now that they are buffed. Also trap beast is op.

Have you checked to see if Regen glyphs were increased as well? I've heard some guildies talk about their regen being lower, but I hadn't noticed any reduction from regen on gear sets and it could be because Vampires lose the 10% regen bonus without any skills on your bar.

Apparently gold reduction glyphs are down to 186 now instead of 200, not sure if this is WAI or a bug, considering that purple ones are still 186...

If you have your CP split up in the green trees just consolidate it more on reduction and regen, with the damage glyphs and it should be about the same, more damage but less sustain.
    Edited by Takllin on July 30, 2015 5:13PM
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great... so it sounds like update 1.7 is going to be the new update 1.6... Can't wait, and I'm sure all of this is riding on the PTS bullet train headed full steam ahead for release with no stops or course alterations.

If you have to add a 50% damage reduction it should be a huge red flag that you have a serious balance problem with your game. The current global pvp nerfs were slapped on like a band-aid to get 1.6 out, hopefully we get a more precise approach this time.
    Edited by Armitas on July 30, 2015 8:41PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • shebali
    shebali
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are playing a game which PVP is not the main point. The players of the game for pvp would easily be 10% or less of the population of the game. So, why would they care much about such a small base of players. PVP has so many issues and plays poorly. If they kept wasting resources on a small group of players they need to hire better team leads and PMs.

TLDR as much as they tried to focus the game for pvp it is not what they players want.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shebali wrote: »
    You guys are playing a game which PVP is not the main point. The players of the game for pvp would easily be 10% or less of the population of the game. So, why would they care much about such a small base of players. PVP has so many issues and plays poorly. If they kept wasting resources on a small group of players they need to hire better team leads and PMs.

There used to be a whole lot more of us PvPers. Their corporate mentality on PvP is self fulfilling it seems, as we are a mere shadow of our former population.

Edited by Armitas on July 30, 2015 7:26PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • shebali
    shebali
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

There used to be a whole lot more of us PvPers. Their corporate mentality on PvP is self fulfilling it seems, as we are a mere shadow of our former population.

PVP has always been bad pop for this game. ESO has only a few servers with maybe 4-5k people who pvp.

Warhammer had 70 servers which had pvp active. I would even think GW2 has more active pvp than eso pop right now. The problem is ESO players were looking for skyrim pve single player type game.

The focus of the game is just not at pvp.

• rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bad patch. PvP is worst then ever.

GG looking for another game.

Pretty impossible now to do 1 vs x or 2 vs X, because longer TTK mean mistakes can be easily repaired wich is not the case with 2.0 live atm.

Tested Templar (magicka), Stam NB, Magicka NB, and Sorc. Shield is strong and the population concentration in IC make the PvP roaming annoying.

The RvR aspect of this game become a Battleground game with near spawn, (IC). The Open field of Cyrodiil is missing me. Even if I know that population concentration in IC is all about ''New content'' atm, I have strong fear that buff server will become PvE server.

Mobs all over the place in IC make it annoying. Mobs hit much harder then player.

BTW I agree with core mechanic change like Bolt escape, dodge roll, block nerf. The battleground aspect of IC fulled with mobs all over the place is just plain wrong for me. I prefer open world PvP then instanced sector of IC with near spawn.

GG ZoS :(
    Edited by rendolpheb16_ESO on July 30, 2015 8:26PM
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me?

Well 1vX is much much harder now unless you are a shieldstacking sorc. I guess its tough for you not to go against multiple enemies and win since you make a living out of it.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me?

Well 1vX is much much harder now unless you are a shieldstacking sorc. I guess its tough for you not to go against multiple enemies and win since you make a living out of it.

Because I have to meet a 1vX quota per month or the money stops coming in, huh.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me?

Because I have to meet a 1vX quota per month or the money stops coming in, huh.

You could make erp vids instead.
  • shihku7
    shihku7
    i wish PVP was kinda like a Team Fortress 2-type game, but with a fantasy setting. I'm a big fan of shooters like Planetside 2, Battlefield, and Rainbow Six, and I've always wanted a fantasy-style shooter game… last good one I played was Hexen!

• shihku7
    shihku7
    Anyway I wish the game was more like what you see in all the medieval/fantasy movies. In movies, when you see a huge battle between two armies, you don't see everyone "focus firing" on one target until it dies. You don't see 10 archers all shooting one guy. They spread out their fire. And usually you don't see 5 swordsmen all stabbing one guy, and ignoring 4 other guys.

Is there some way to accomplish this kind of fighting in ESO? Maybe the damage system should be setup to where it's better to "match up" against a single opponent in a big battle. Somehow discourage focus firing onto one person

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a this for your thread:

oxvvi.jpg
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

I think people got tired of:
    1) Bugs not being fixed and exploiters not being properly dealt with
    2) Playing the Equestrian Simulator Online, particularly after FCs were removed
    3) Being consistently 1 or 2 shot (after which they once again play Equestrian Simulator)
    4) The humdrum of Cyrodiil "strats" (e.g. zerging, blobbing, farming, bridge fighting, night flipping, blah blah blah)
    5) Faction politics, for lack of a better term

If it weren't free I sure wouldn't be playing this game.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.