The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is an Imperial good for a Templar?

ArchGrizzlyOp
ArchGrizzlyOp
✭✭
Is an Imperial good for a Templar Dps healer?
Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
-- Fadomai

Best Answers

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar healign skills come from skills based on magicka. As hybrids are not known to work well (some rare exceptions there), It is best to get the dps from magicka too.

That means that most dps is ranged (although you can use e.g. sword and shield, they will not be very powerfull cause you are build for magicka and they scale of stamina). So you have limited use of Shield Affinity, Conditioning and Red Diamond. Only "though" gives you a usefull passive.

I personally think the Breton is better for templar dps/healers. The first is not really usuable (but also less important for any race). The second (gift of Magnus) increases your magicka and is very helpfull . the spell resistance is also very welcome and last of all the Magicka mastery (reduces cost of magicka skills) is very much welcome.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Answer ✓
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the min/max choice for a healer or dps but it gives you more versatility, especially if you ever want to go the tank route or a stamina build, because even as a magicka tank it's a solid choice.

Other thing to maybe consider is while you want to be a magicka dps now, at vr14+ you might want to switch to a stamina build. An imperial magicka DPS is less gimpy than a high elf stamina dps, mainly because +hp and red diamond can work for either and stamina is always needed anyways for blocking, breakouts and dodge rolling.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
    Answer ✓
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High elf or Breton would be a better choice for a Magicka user. Imperial is a good choice if your going to make a stamina Templar.
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Okay Thankyou for the advice I really appreciate it
    Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
    -- Fadomai