Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Captain Kaleen and Betnikh Island

RavenSkylord
RavenSkylord
✭✭✭
Have played through these quests a few times, first on my v5 from Ebonheart and couple of times on alts. Having more or less finished quest with main, which made me love the DC story line, I have a pretty good feel for the various races within the faction. But this has been bugging me, perhaps someone can enlighten me.
Captain Kaleen is a very patriotic Redguard, following her King staunchly. Then why is she so determined to use an evil ancient artifact that creates an undead army, thereby desecrating the dead, which is against Redguard Code? Shouldn't we have an option to report this to the Redguard King as she is so directly tied to him, and as he requests our help from stopping someone from doing the same in his home? Seems out of line here.

Am I wrong?
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    You have a good point, I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that Captain Kaleen hates you're guts for making the right choice. I understand she want's to stop raids and attacks on the covenant by using an undead army and yes it is against the Redguard code and there should be a choice to report her to the Redguard king.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The squeamishness about undead isn't universal among Redguards, and she was a pirate/privateer before she joined up so I'd expect her to be less picky about social standards like that. That said, I agree the choice DID seem very forced.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • RavenSkylord
    RavenSkylord
    ✭✭✭
    The squeamishness about undead isn't universal among Redguards, and she was a pirate/privateer before she joined up so I'd expect her to be less picky about social standards like that. That said, I agree the choice DID seem very forced.
    its true that not all Redguards isn't universal, but in the capital of Sentinel they are outcast to wander the desert, yet she can be found hanging out in the royal palace, which makes her even more out of place as she is prominent yet was willing to go against their traditions so non chalantly
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might there be a difference in the view over using spirits of the dead rather than bodies of the dead? Or perhaps even based on the fact that they are not Redguards it is considered less of an issue - the biggest cultural taboo regarding the Ash'abah is that they are not averse to striking down the honoured Redguard dead.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did this quest yesterday, also part of Caldwell's Gold, and I was disappointed at how it ended, especially the flack I got just for having to take her ship back.

My question is: what in the world would have happened if I chose the other way? Perhaps I don't want to know if this is the result of the right choice.
    :|