Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"The Army of Meridia" quest

sPark101
sPark101
✭✭✭✭
Is this quest not working or broke at the moment because some of the tasks needed to complete it seem to have disappeared from "show on map". "Rescue King Laloriaran Dynar" and "Restore the Hollow City" give no leads and it's not fun just randomly roaming Coldharbor around and around all day.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you rescued the king??

This quest is an overarching quest that has three elements.
    The subquest: Light from the Darkness (to resque the king)
    The subquest: Vanus unleashed

when you have done those two all markers on the map has gone, but you still need to do the third objective:
    Restore the Hollow City

This is done by restoring the lights of meridia and bringing allies to the hollow city. This can be done by doing the other side quests in coldharbour.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Have you rescued the king??"

That's my point. There is no information in the game about what, where, when, who, which king to rescue. Before this point, all my quests were easily followed. Broken perhaps? Should i start over? Thank you for help :)

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'll refrain the question.

do you have access to the mages guild and fightersguild in hollow city??

If the answer is yes, then you rescued the king and the other guy (Vanus). If not, the quest should tell you to do so (otherwise it is broken indeed).

If you have access to the mages guild and the fightersguild, there is nothing broken and you just need to do the other side quests in coldharbour to restore the hollow city.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sPark101 wrote: »
    "Have you rescued the king??"

That's my point. There is no information in the game about what, where, when, who, which king to rescue. Before this point, all my quests were easily followed. Broken perhaps? Should i start over? Thank you for help :)
    Did you talk to the Groundskeeper in the Hollow City when getting the quest? She tells you that you need to find the lights of Meridia and rescue the Ayleid King. You have to explore Coldharbour to find the lights and the king (as well as Vanus). I suggest exploring to the West first, and when you've found everything on that side of the Hollow City, then move on to the East.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the help ! I'll go back to Coldharbour and retrace my steps and see what went wrong.
  • VictoriaRachel
    VictoriaRachel
    ✭✭✭
    There is not traditional marker for these, they are more exploration based and all exploration you do in the lower half of Coldharbour fulfills part of one of those objectives.
  • W4YNE3D
    W4YNE3D
    Soul Shriven
    If u haven't rescued the king go out to the west of coldhoarber and u will c other quest markers of quests that need to b started that lead to rescue this map show were the quests start locations are hope this helps

http://esomap.uesp.net/?centeron=The+Black+Forge&world=Coldharbour
  • W4YNE3D
    W4YNE3D
    Soul Shriven
    W4YNE3D wrote: »
    If u haven't rescued the king go out to the west of coldhoarber and u will c other quest markers of quests that need to b started that lead to rescue this map show were the quests start locations are hope this helps

http://esomap.uesp.net/?centeron=The+Black+Forge&world=Coldharbour

U may need to zoom into to curtain areas so the markers show up