The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Fort Aleswell

RockyJoeHawkins
RockyJoeHawkins
Soul Shriven
Since I've been playing I've noticed something to me that seems as though a lot of people can't read or just don't know what to call this place, I've heard Aleswell called az well , a Lee's well, alizwell, and all is well...

I mean really? To me it doesn't feel so difficult ult to figure out. Midevil, renaissance style realm, Aleswell, Ale is an alchoholic beverage, the S makes it plural and a well is synonymous for a keg, so Aleswell, BeerKeg, Aleswell. And back in that era people loved there mead, wines, and ALES.

Maybe I'm the one who's wrong, maybe I should conform to calling it Azwell because clearly the S comes before the L, oh wait...... Here's your sign.

Food for thought, how about each keep gets a door greeter "Hello, welcome to Fort Ash."
  • Krossus
    Krossus
    ✭✭✭
    Since I've been playing I've noticed something to me that seems as though a lot of people can't read or just don't know what to call this place, I've heard Aleswell called az well , a Lee's well, alizwell, and all is well...

I mean really? To me it doesn't feel so difficult ult to figure out. Midevil, renaissance style realm, Aleswell, Ale is an alchoholic beverage, the S makes it plural and a well is synonymous for a keg, so Aleswell, BeerKeg, Aleswell. And back in that era people loved there mead, wines, and ALES.

Maybe I'm the one who's wrong, maybe I should conform to calling it Azwell because clearly the S comes before the L, oh wait...... Here's your sign.

Food for thought, how about each keep gets a door greeter "Hello, welcome to Fort Ash."

While your at it, include yourself as needing a sign....you spelled "midevil" wrong, it should have been "medieval. A- for effort though.
    Know thyself, know thy enemy; a thousand battles, a thousand victories.......................Sun Tzu
    Options
  • RockyJoeHawkins
    RockyJoeHawkins
    Soul Shriven
    At least I can pronounce it correctly, medieval that is. Come on give me an A +
    Options
  • RockyJoeHawkins
    RockyJoeHawkins
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly though, I would love to know the proper way to pronounce aleswell. If I'm wrong that is. I might have to accept it as az well, which erks me.
    Options
  • Krossus
    Krossus
    ✭✭✭
    At least I can pronounce it correctly, medieval that is. Come on give me an A +

A+
    Know thyself, know thy enemy; a thousand battles, a thousand victories.......................Sun Tzu
    Options
  • FilthyMudcrabs
    FilthyMudcrabs
    ✭✭✭
    What I call Fort Aleswell completely depends on if my faction owns it or not. If we do, then it's "All's Well" if not then it's "Awwws Well"
    Saw a mudcrab the other day. Dreadful creatures.
    Options
  • RockyJoeHawkins
    RockyJoeHawkins
    Soul Shriven
    I'm laughing at the awwws well, but I just can't register the all's well. I have heard it called that too though, a lot. Generally though I'll here the same person or people say it two ways depending on what someone else said prior.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Oblivion it was pronounced as Ales-Well, like, well, a round of ales.

Edit: start at 2:25 if you want to hear an NPC actually say it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkPHkBaQMU
    Edited by Acrolas on July 30, 2015 3:08AM
    signing off
    Options
  • Rathiel
    Rathiel
    Soul Shriven
    Only works if while defending someone asks "where are they setting up siege?" "1 o'clock at Alllllllllllls Welllllllll"
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its definitely Ales well. Or Ales for short.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

I can never say it correctly.

Our massive guild just take turns butchering it, lol.
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the guilds I play with, we normally just call it "Ales". Just be sure when you say "Rayles" you emphasize the "R" sound and all is well.

:)
    Options
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard some call it Allessroe. Like Allessia, but with the fish at the end. That's even weirder.
    Halcyon Black
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this thread. :)
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But is it Ales-Well, or is it Ale-Swell? Because I think ale is swell, but I'd also like to have an ales well that I could dip a bucket into when I want some of that swell ale.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this thread. :)

Me too.

Its much better than the one about outpost beer barrel.
    Options
  • RockyJoeHawkins
    RockyJoeHawkins
    Soul Shriven
    UrQuan wrote: »
    But is it Ales-Well, or is it Ale-Swell? Because I think ale is swell, but I'd also like to have an ales well that I could dip a bucket into when I want some of that swell ale.

Ale swell
    Options
  • RockyJoeHawkins
    RockyJoeHawkins
    Soul Shriven
    Acrolas wrote: »
    In Oblivion it was pronounced as Ales-Well, like, well, a round of ales.

Edit: start at 2:25 if you want to hear an NPC actually say it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkPHkBaQMU

Wow, I haven't played Oblivion in years, lol those graphics aren't what I remember.
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played Oblivion in forever either. Looks better then I thought it would. Thanks for posting that clip :)
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allls well that ends well is what i always say ...... athough im on DC so usally it never ends well...... awwwwwws welll thats life
    Options