The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change the usefulness of crown store pet

DDemon
DDemon
✭✭✭✭
Let the crown store pets automagically pick up loot from mobs within a 20-28m radius.

Right now the crown store pets are just vanity items, allowing them to pick up loot would not give a player a significant advantage, but it would actually give them a use.

Leave a reply if you picked 'Other'.
Edited by DDemon on July 29, 2015 9:53AM

Change the usefulness of crown store pet 34 votes

Yes
64%
MasterFUNG_ESOAlienSlofovergrowth101ub17_ESONathrandirSarevoccpepperybrineBlutengeldanew6JumpinJamesArrilleSnakeBytes_77CompletelyToastmastertechmysterceeDiiamond18Thisguyryegr1mlockPitchesBeTreblejlgamerLightninvash 22 votes
No
26%
miked83b14_ESODanikatyakurutousrevengeEasily_LostCidxLucyOmniDevilFlounderOGKulvar 9 votes
Other
8%
BleakravenRev Rielleshortycountry 3 votes
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence about this.
    An auto-loot feature would be nice, but I don't think it should require having a pet out.
    Knowing me, I'll end up forgetting to pull out a pet and end up leaving an unlooted corpse with a neat upgrade.
    Nice suggestion, though.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • yakuruto
    yakuruto
    ✭✭✭
    No
    There are tons of add-ons that allow auto loot, no need to use your pet for that. What are you, some pet slaver from House Dres?
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Perhaps some pets could do this, but not all. Other pets might collect items for you (e.g. Pack Mule in EQ2), or provide something else for you, maybe a chance at them finding and bringing you a collectible items once or twice per day. Maybe some pets could increase your movement speed a little out of combat whilst on foot, or some could do nothing but look nice, much like they do now.

Maybe some could offer you a quest or similar. Perhaps a daily mission to collect something to feed them, and they reward you with... well who knows.

Lots of options.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    yakuruto wrote: »
    What are you, some pet slaver from House Dres?

This gave me a good laugh, thanks!