Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daedric racial motif

Noomfy-Mop
Noomfy-Mop
✭✭

In the crown store I just came across a few legendary racial motifs ( ancient elf, barbaric and daedric)
These are crown store only items aren't they?
I won't find them in game anywhere will I?

I'm keen on the daedric motif but the barbaric looks pretty good too.
Can anyone explain what kind of stuff the barbaric motif offers.. It looks like skull kinda stuff.
This is my signature.
Original. Right ;p!
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a crown store only item. Daedric and Ancient Elf drops from containers in Cadwell Gold zones. So VR6+ zones.

Edit: Barbarian and Primal appear in Cadwell Silver VR1-5 zones. Also the crafting style mats drops from their respective zones in containers as well.

You can also buy them from other players. And you have to invest several points in your profession to even use the motif. Don't recall exactly what but you'd have to be able to craft VR gear if I remember right. It's doable even on a lvl 1 char, but if you just started out you won't be able to use it for a while.
    Edited by UPrime on July 24, 2015 2:26PM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to see what the styles look like, go here:

http://eso-fashion.com/
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭

Thanks lads.
    @UPrime
    I did read something about you needing a point (perhaps a passive) in woodworking, blacksmithing, clothing and 1 other but I don't know if that's 1 point in each line or 1 point in any 1 of the professions.
    Although if you can find them in game I might save my crowns, cross my fingers and wait.
    Work on my professions a bit (although my blacksmithing is at about 31ish). I'm lvl 26 so I'm not VERY new but am still learning plenty everyday about ESO.
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noomfy-Mop wrote: »
    Thanks lads.
    @UPrime
    I did read something about you needing a point (perhaps a passive) in woodworking, blacksmithing, clothing and 1 other but I don't know if that's 1 point in each line or 1 point in any 1 of the professions.
    Although if you can find them in game I might save my crowns, cross my fingers and wait.
    Work on my professions a bit (although my blacksmithing is at about 31ish). I'm lvl 26 so I'm not VERY new but am still learning plenty everyday about ESO.

The versions that you buy for crowns you can use even at crafting level 1.

For the versions that you find in-game, you will need at least one crafting skill (blacksmithing, clothing, or woodworking) at a certain level. I think that Barbaric and Primal are around level 6 or 7, Daedric and Ancient Elf are up around 8 or 9.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    Thanks lads.
    @UPrime

For the versions that you find in-game, you will need at least one crafting skill (blacksmithing, clothing, or woodworking) at a certain level. I think that Barbaric and Primal are around level 6 or 7, Daedric and Ancient Elf are up around 8 or 9.

Well I'm set then.
    All those skills you mentioned are at at least 10 on my char. Clothing store my lowest at 10.

Though I'm gonna assume (which I don't like doing) that the ones you buy won't be as high quality as the ones you find since you can use them/create at a lower lvl.
    Like a lower armor rating. Lower lvl enchantments etc.

I want to get them but don't really want to spend the crowns if it's not worth it.
    I've only just gotten all my armor above 1000 and am definately not going to spend 1500 crowns on a "demotion" so to speak.

This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    Thanks lads.
    @UPrime

Well I'm set then.
    All those skills you mentioned are at at least 10 on my char. Clothing store my lowest at 10.

Though I'm gonna assume (which I don't like doing) that the ones you buy won't be as high quality as the ones you find since you can use them/create at a lower lvl.
    Like a lower armor rating. Lower lvl enchantments etc.

I want to get them but don't really want to spend the crowns if it's not worth it.
    I've only just gotten all my armor above 1000 and am definately not going to spend 1500 crowns on a "demotion" so to speak.

No no, not the skill line level number, but the level of the first passive in the line, the one that lets you use higher level materials. That is what needs to be ranked up before you can use the books. Sorry for not communicating that clearly.

edit ->

Also, the ones you buy for crowns will be the exact same as the ones you find in-game. They will not craft armor that is either superior or inferior. Level 20 armor is level 20 armor, regardless of style or how you acquired the ability to craft in that style.
    Edited by Aett_Thorn on July 24, 2015 4:28PM
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Ah no worries.
    Thanks for the info though. Makes a ton more sense now :D
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random question on the rare motifs if anyone happens to be a console player. There is an achievement on XB1 (and I assume the same on PS4) for learning all the rare motifs. I'm curious if you can get this achievement by buying the crown store item or if it will only complete itself if you earn them in game.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • MexicanMurrican
    Surragard wrote: »
    Random question on the rare motifs if anyone happens to be a console player. There is an achievement on XB1 (and I assume the same on PS4) for learning all the rare motifs. I'm curious if you can get this achievement by buying the crown store item or if it will only complete itself if you earn them in game.

If you buy them from the Crown Store, the motifs you learn will go toward the Achievements. There would be an uproar if it didn't, when buying it from the Crown Store means actually buying it.

Enjoy your crafting! :)
    NA PS4 Megaserver - MexicanMurrican - Dunmer Nightblade [EP], Khajiit Nightblade [AD]
    Thunderbird - Guild Leader
    "Diplomacy is the art of lying for your alliance."
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before you buy these motifs, consider that you need respective style stones, one per item, to craft anything in that style. Daedra hearts are around 300g on PC, but last I saw were several thousand each on console. And they are very rare in game until you reach the VR6-VR10 zones.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Before you buy these motifs, consider that you need respective style stones, one per item, to craft anything in that style. Daedra hearts are around 300g on PC, but last I saw were several thousand each on console. And they are very rare in game until you reach the VR6-VR10 zones.

Console economy is a little crazy right now haha but PC was just as bad at launch. Hopefully it will even out in the long-run.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ouroboros makes an excellent point. If you can't afford to buy the motif with gold, chances are you won't be able to afford the mats. So might as well wait. At least your later alts will be leveling in style. Hopefully by then you'll also be able to craft some good sets. On my lats I tend to wear the same armor for 20 - 30 lvls when leveling a new char, and change it every 4 VR levels because of the set bonuses.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭

Console economy is a little crazy right now haha but PC was just as bad at launch. Hopefully it will even out in the long-run.

I don't understand "economy" in a video game at all. It's a game... Add some more "010011's" and you've got more gold.. Are people truly trying to saying that there's a limited amount of gold in game when I've seen people at way rest stealing tons of stuff to turn into mats and sell for hours on end for an endless gold supply. As well as all the YouTube videos instructing people how to get unlimited gold. I actually read something somewhere about it that made a lot of sense but have since forgotten.
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand "economy" in a video game at all. It's a game... Add some more "010011's" and you've got more gold.. Are people truly trying to saying that there's a limited amount of gold in game when I've seen people at way rest stealing tons of stuff to turn into mats and sell for hours on end for an endless gold supply. As well as all the YouTube videos instructing people how to get unlimited gold. I actually read something somewhere about it that made a lot of sense but have since forgotten.

I see your point, a video game can never have a true economy for many of the reasons you state, and is why I often put economy in quotes myself when speaking about it. However, MMOs can/do approximate the mechanics of a true economy and supply and demand do come into play.

In general, harder to get items start off at very high prices and remain so while they are highly coveted. Then as supply increases or the novelty wears off, prices begin to go down and items eventually find an accepted "worth" given enough time. Because money in MMOs is not a finite resource, inflation is prone to occur over time and it can get out of control if enough gold sinks aren't implemented by the developers.

The ESO PC/Mac "economy" is currently fairly stable/predictable in terms of prices and I haven't noticed inflation running rampant. In fact, this game has created one of the better "economy" simulations that I have seen in the recent years of MMOs. Given time, the console "economies" should reach the same state. However, I do wonder if some of the communication difficulties console players are having could hamper the process somewhat.

Edited for typos
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on July 27, 2015 3:10AM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farmed all my motifs pre-justice system ... just don't have any dwemer, nor any desire to ... that's a damn time sink even for the crafting materials
    Edited by OzJohnD on July 28, 2015 12:33AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking more along the lines of buying/selling prices for crafting materials than how easy it is to earn gold. The Justice System changes do open up opportunities to earn gold faster but that doesn't impact prices. If everyone is earning more gold then people can just charge more for things. It's all relative. I haven't watched any of the YouTube videos on earning gold so I can't comment on that - are you talking about glitches and exploits in those videos or are they are about grinding?
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Almost everything you do in game is earning you gold. Right now I'd say the fastest ways are:
    Harvest and sell raw materials
    Harvest and refine raw materials (if you have 2/3 or 3/3 for refining in that tradeskill) and selling the rare mats
    Buying underpriced items on guild traders and flipping them

Eventually most players will get to a point where gold is nearly useless to them because they don't need any more motifs, mats, mounts etc. There aren't any big end game gold sinks.
    Edited by mklundub17_ESO on July 28, 2015 6:18PM
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭

I was thinking more along the lines of buying/selling prices for crafting materials than how easy it is to earn gold. The Justice System changes do open up opportunities to earn gold faster but that doesn't impact prices. If everyone is earning more gold then people can just charge more for things. It's all relative. I haven't watched any of the YouTube videos on earning gold so I can't comment on that - are you talking about glitches and exploits in those videos or are they are about grinding?

I can't really say if it's exploits or grinding.. I think a bit of both since the video I saw required you to steal all the steel and iron things from a selection of vendors and then jumping into a nearby dungeon in order to get the loading screen and reset the vendors items to rinse and repeat untill your inventory was full. You'd then deconstruct everything and sell it to the npc at the blacksmithing building.
    Exploit because your exploiting the load screen resetting vendor items, grinding because it seemed to actually take a while. I don't think there is any glitch involved.
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    strictly speaking that is metagaming not exploiting
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    It's not a crown store only item. Daedric and Ancient Elf drops from containers in Cadwell Gold zones. So VR6+ zones.

Edit: Barbarian and Primal appear in Cadwell Silver VR1-5 zones. Also the crafting style mats drops from their respective zones in containers as well.

You can also buy them from other players. And you have to invest several points in your profession to even use the motif. Don't recall exactly what but you'd have to be able to craft VR gear if I remember right. It's doable even on a lvl 1 char, but if you just started out you won't be able to use it for a while.

Actually,you can buy the motifs and craft those ones. Daedric and Barbaric motifs.When you vuy it,it says level 1 can use them,but I have had problems even finding the Daedric Hearts to craft with.I get thee husks tho a lot.