Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which aspect rune is the most economical one to lvl up enchanting?

NGP
NGP
✭✭✭
I can't find so many to break, so I'm thinking making my own and exchange them with another enchanter to break down. So green or blue, which is the most economical one to do this?
Also anyone who practices enchantment wants to exchange them? NA PC

PS: forgot to say I'm lvl 11 atm. As I just discover "You don't have the skill to recover all materials..." and I'm certain it has sth to do with character lvl (very weird indeed. Do they even really expect elder women who can only make clothes at home to be a super soldier in order to decon clothes properly? )
Edited by NGP on July 31, 2015 3:38AM
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Exchanging is best xp, I'm sure they scale with higher tiers but if you have more Ta than others then you'd probably be better off using them up.
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • Keiro
    Keiro
    ✭✭
    Creating glyphs with unknown runes gives the best xp as you're learning the runes trait. As for aspect, the higher the better for creation and deconstruction. However you're not guaranteed getting them back. Personally I've refrained from crafting any glyphs apart from to learn which they are whilst levelling. I'm now vr 7 and my enchanting is lvl 40 despite only deconstructing dropped loot glyphs for mobs. My stockpile of runes grows and I can use them at end game to give me more options. Obviously if you're looking to speed level it, then find a partner, just make sure they are around the same level and obviously trustworthy. Probably best to search for a crafting guild and reach out to people in there.
    Edited by Keiro on July 31, 2015 2:55AM
  • understeer
    I am happy for find a partner of level.

NA PC

I have toons on all sides but my enchanter is on AD.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jejota is probably the most economical. They give much more IP than Ta without being overly expensive. I used mostly Jejota and Denata to reach lvl 50. But they were all harvested. I never bought any. Jejota are common enough that I recently sold a full stack, and even though it was under-priced, it took a while to sell. If you want to harvest them, go to your starter island. You should be able to get a good supply if you farm in off-peak hours. Denata are a good option to use if you have a good supply of them. I would stop there. Rekuta and Kuta are too valuable to use to level a skill. You'll want to use each once to learn it, then save them to make glyphs to use or sell for equipment use.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • xanthos91
    xanthos91
    Soul Shriven
    All I do is break every glyph I've come across and my enchanting keeps up with my level, currently vr6 with 33 enchanting, and it leaves you with an abundance of runes
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    understeer wrote: »
    I am happy for find a partner of level.

NA PC

I have toons on all sides but my enchanter is on AD.
    xanthos91 wrote: »
    All I do is break every glyph I've come across and my enchanting keeps up with my level, currently vr6 with 33 enchanting, and it leaves you with an abundance of runes

My old character did the same thing. Now v1 and look at my enchanting lvl only 7. I use a new character to learn enchanting though.
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    xanthos91 wrote: »

I have 3 master level enchanters and I did exactly what @xanthos91 suggested on two of those characters. I spent a ton of gold to buy glyphs to level my first enchanter.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyye wrote: »
    Exchanging is best xp, I'm sure they scale with higher tiers but if you have more Ta than others then you'd probably be better off using them up.

Not any more. You get the most Inspiration from deconning Mob Looted Glyphs. You get slightly less for Glyphs made by an Alt of yours or another player. So, no need to exchange between players, just loot or swap between alts you have made.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGP wrote: »
    PS: forgot to say I'm lvl 11 atm.

If your crafting for yourself, there is no reason to level up a crafting skill for yourself, other than chasing the passives. Unlocking higher material levels, in the case of Enchanting, Potency levels does no good if you can't use the Glyphs.

So, the most efficient way to level Enchanting is to decon the glyphs you get as mob loot as you go along. If your diligent about this, and throw in the occasional mob farm (undead drop the most) you will keep enchanting up as you go along in levels. And you will have lots of Runes over time.

• NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    PS: forgot to say I'm lvl 11 atm.

If your crafting for yourself, there is no reason to level up a crafting skill for yourself, other than chasing the passives. Unlocking higher material levels, in the case of Enchanting, Potency levels does no good if you can't use the Glyphs.

So, the most efficient way to level Enchanting is to decon the glyphs you get as mob loot as you go along. If your diligent about this, and throw in the occasional mob farm (undead drop the most) you will keep enchanting up as you go along in levels. And you will have lots of Runes over time.

This one has many selves.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has many selves.

Buy a stack of Ta's, some potencies, and essences. Make them on one character, deposit in the bank, the decon on the other. Note, no need to go to the bank on the deconner, you can just be at the crafting station. Then once all are deconned, then make new glyphs with the deconner, put them in the bank and repeate on the other character.

The Extraction Passive will really help with this process.

• arowz
    arowz
    I got to around rank 40 in enchanting by VR 8 just by breaking down glyphs as I levelled up plus enchanting stuff for myself AND enchanting with any rune that had a ? as its description.

Rank 40 is all you need currently to enchant items level 10-14.

Getting from Rank 40 to 50 took a lot of doing. Extracting Monumental (VR10-14) glyphs gave less and less exp. I found that crafting Monumental Kuta and Rekuta glyphs netted me the most exp at this point. I just hit enchanting 50 and probably created 40 or so denada glyphs, 20 rekuta and 15 or so kutas (all for personal, friend or sale uses).

In my opinion, it's pretty easy to keep enchanting in-line with your current level if you start early and keep breaking down glyphs as you go and creating glyphs that have the ? in them.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed that the most economical is to break down any looted glyphs.

That said, if you want to speed things up for an alt, crafting glyphs with your main enchanter works best if you use purple aspect runes. Why? Because you don't have to make as many glyphs. Granted, you have to have the spare Rekutas to do this (I have 140 at the moment).

If you have lots of potencies and essences to burn, then using Jejotas or Denatas is fine, but I found making about a dozen purple glyphs (the higher the potency rune the better) yielded several Enchanting levels for my alts at the higher levels, much more if they're lower level. Again, I had Rekutas to burn (the only reason I have only 140 is that I've sold about the last 20 or so I've found in the guild store).

If you want to use Tas or Jejotas, or even Denatas, make sure that you use the highest potency runes possible, as that will yield more inspiration.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't make this too complex. Save kutas and use all others for leveling. Leveling with rekuta and kura/kude will push you through enchating levels kicking and screaming, and you will find more of them later. You might want to save some kura, kude and rekutas but burn your stock of anything lower.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Not any more. You get the most Inspiration from deconning Mob Looted Glyphs. You get slightly less for Glyphs made by an Alt of yours or another player. So, no need to exchange between players, just loot or swap between alts you have made.

Nestor, any chance you have been collating that new data?

I have been giving an alt all the Green Glyphs from my level VI enchanting writs and the numbers are the same.

Are Writ glyphs considered a different loot type?

As reference here is my latest Glyph Craft-Decon IP chart. I have yet to get the new runes from IC but so far the IP has not changed for crafted glyphs in IC.

Glpyhs208.jpg

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jejota (or HoHoBa as Billy Connolly would call it) is probably the best in terms of gain vs ease of getting hold of them (abundance/price).

Besides, you want to keep hold of your Kutas and maybe use Rekutas for your own gear - leaving only Denatas and Jejotas. Tas are for writs.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »

Nestor, any chance you have been collating that new data?

I don't know if Writ Glyphs are any different, but it sounds like they are the same as player made glyphs as far as decon goes. The difference between Looted and Crafted Glyphs is so small as to not even worry about it. Like less than one Glyph per level to cover the difference.

I have not collated this, but I tested one night with a Guild Mate and we got similar results where both Player made and Alt made Glyphs gave the same Inspiration on breakdown and the Looted Glyphs gave a smidgen more Inspiration.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/187809/enchanting-extraction-for-leveling-its-not-what-you-think

A developer posted in one of the threads I stated this in, not the one above, that this is they way it works now. It was a trade thread, so I think it has been deleted at some point.

It used to be a much bigger Insp gain with other player made Glyphs, but not since patch 1.5 (1.4?) when they buffed decon inspiration.

Now, will this change with the IC? Who knows, but I like the way that it is now. Trading Glyphs for grinding out decon is a royal pain in the butt. I would much rather use my own bank and do this between alts.

Edited by Nestor on August 4, 2015 9:36PM

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not go above Ta/Jejota when crafting runes. Every time you learn a new aspect/potency/essence rune you get a burst of exp for doing so. It's a one-time thing that should be saved for the later levels.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Do not go above Ta/Jejota when crafting runes. Every time you learn a new aspect/potency/essence rune you get a burst of exp for doing so. It's a one-time thing that should be saved for the later levels.

Also, if you pull a Hat Trick, in using 3 Runes you have never used before, you get a HUGE Inspiration boost. Using two you don't know is pretty good too. But you could probably gain an entire level or close to it with an all new rune Glyph.

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look for green monumental glyphs at guild traders - they are awarded for max-level writs. People doing max-level writs often don't have much use for them and are in the position that they don't care about the decon inspiration or mats and just want to get rid of them (e.g., I do the writs for the kutas).