Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bloodfiend/Werewolf information, opinions, and Hunting Guide (PS4) 07/30/2015

TooColdToCrack
TooColdToCrack
Soul Shriven
Since ESOTU has come out on PS4 I've dedicated a lot of time figuring out the mechanics of the Bloodfiend/Werewolf spawns. There's been a lot of speculation when and where these spawns occur, and though I believe a lot of the myths have been debunked, I wanted to post this guide for those of you who just enjoy the hunt. I have 8 characters created and all 8 are infected vampires from actual Bloodfiends. All of these characters have also been infected by actual Werewolves prior to that. I have ranked both Vampire and Werewolf skill lines to Level 10 and I am finally comfortable releasing this guide to help anyone looking to become either a Werewolf or a Vampire. So without further ado, let's get it started.

Let's start with a few of the main myths.
Bloodfiends and WW's spawn on Full Moon and Blood Moon cycles.
This is false. They can spawn on any night.

Werewolves and Bloodfiends can spawn on the same night.
This is false. It’s one or the other. So if you’re looking for Bloodfiends and you run in to Werewolves or vice-versa, you may as well pack it up for the night.

Werewolf and Vampire spawns rotate about every 3 days.
This seems to be somewhat true. I can confirm that the spawn doesn’t always rotate. Last week for example, I was looking for a Bloodfiend night since WW just spawned 3 nights before and WW’s spawned again. So the rotation part does not hold true, I can confirm that there has always been at least a 2 day gap between spawn nights though.

Curing Vampirism or Lycanthropy costs 5-10k.
This is false. Curing the infection before you complete the quest costs about 63 gold. Curing the disease after the quest has been completed and you actually become the Vampire/Werewolf costs about 637 gold. Note: You cannot contract vampirism if you’ve been infected by a werewolf and vice-versa. You must cure first. This can be done by a Priest of Arkay in the Mages guild of the Pact: Riften in “The Rift”, Aldmeri: Rawl’kha in “Reaper’s March”, or Daggerfall: Evermore in “Bangkorai”.

Okay, now that that’s out of the way, let’s get into some tip and tricks to getting a bite. As most of you know there’s a couple ways to do this. Either get bit by another player, or find and NPC. This is a guide about hunting NPCs, so I’ll keep it short on player bites.

Player Bites:
Go to the shrine and just sit there. Someone will eventually bite you for free. Don’t be a pest and ask everyone that comes around. Just be cool and respectfully decline paying for bites (unless you want to pay). Chill with the people there and you will eventually get bit, it’s that simple. This is the most boring unrewarding way to acquiring a bite in my opinion, but sometimes we just don’t feel like waiting or searching. Just remember, you have 7 days to complete the quest or you’ll have to get another bite. Good thing is that you can complete the quest at Lv 4 with a ranged weapon and some tact. This method does not require you to go talk to NPC at the Wayshrine of the major city.

NPC Bite:
The meat and potatoes of this thread! There are a few reasons why this is so much fun and If you enjoy hunting, this is for you. Even though all of my characters are infected, I still go out every night and participate in the hunt. This is a great legit way to make some cash through tips and it’s also a great way to meet new players to play with. I’ve made friends that I grind levels with and I can also make somewhere between 5k-30k from tips on a spawn night by just taking people to get bit. Much more lucrative than charging 10k a week on a bite.

Hunting advice (Some Do’s and Don’ts):
Don’t just make a new character and just run all the way to the spawns without setting a few things up first.

Do make a new character and put your skills points in accordingly, put on any experience armor or weapons you have, join the mages guild and grab about 20 lock picks before you set off. You will passively level your skills and attributes solely by exploring. You will also encounter chests, runes, materials, and books for the mages guild in your endeavors. Make sure you’re set up to reap the benefits of your travels! Also, if you die you will also have the luxury of respawning right where you died.

Don’t just sit around at one spawn and hope that they’re going to pop up in front of you. Why on earth would you want to waste your time sitting in a cluster of people and limit your chances of getting bit? There’s a lot going against you here like the actual probability that they will spawn at this one location, and if they do, someone killing them before you get a chance to get bit. If you’re going to do that, you might as well just do that at the shrine. Your odds of getting bit are much better that way.

Do move around, make it fun. The more spots you check, the more likely you’re going to find a pack and get your bite uninterrupted. If no one encounters and kills the spawn, it usually stays there until sunrise so you can keep bringing people back. There’s also a sense of earning your bite and satisfaction of experiencing the rare encounter. Take screenshots as trophies and hang them on your wall of awesome!

Don’t just look at the marked spawn locations on maps and peoples videos. The spawns can pop up anywhere within about a 150 meter radius in the confirmed spawn zones. They’re not always exactly in the same location, but they will be close.

Do create a route. Figure out a good line for you to travel to hit all of the spawn locations that are confirmed (make sure you look around the spawn locations thoroughly). Hit a wayshrine at the end of the run and teleport back to the beginning. Wash, rinse, repeat.

General rules of thumb:
If you have a good run planned out and you don’t see anything within the first half hour, save some frustration and consider packing it up and going back to leveling or whatever you do. Chances are, the spawns aren’t out that night.

I’ve noticed that off peak hours are fruitful. Middle of the week, late night/early morning is optimal time to hunt. Not many people out and for some reason, the spawns seem to be more frequent when there’s not a million people camping the spawns.

When you do find a spawn and want to try to make some $$ through tips, single out straggler players looking to get bit. Broadcasting it to everyone camping a spawn is a sure fire way to get the spawn killed. Water your seed, don’t flood it.

Don’t get bent out of shape if someone comes and kills the spawn. At least you know for next time. Take a screenshot and just know that you found them first and move to your other location. Mark it in your confirmed map and keep returning to those spots in the future so you can cash in on getting people bit!

Final thoughts. consider going Werewolf until about level 25-30, then swapping to vampire around that time. if you'r e looking for the line that's more involved and built for single target stamina based characters, Werewolf is for you. This is also a great skill line for leveling your character. If you're looking for the line that's a little more magika based, but also offers some stamina regeneration and some insane AOE health leech damage late game, Vampire is for you. I would suggest always keeping your Vampire at Stage 1 for maximum health regeneration. chances are you'll only use 1 or 2 of the vampire abilities anyway, so the buff/debuff that comes with the higher stages is pretty much useless IMO.

Have fun! If I think of anything else, I’ll add it. If you have any other advice, please feel free to comment below.

Safe travels and enjoy the hunt!
-Cold

FM0WkSk.jpg
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good work.

I have 1 of each, but would not recommend WW or Vamp simply for the sake of it, each gift needs to be chosen for a reason that is valuable for the character.

Vampire-Study.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• TooColdToCrack
    TooColdToCrack
    Soul Shriven
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Good work.

I have 1 of each, but would not recommend WW or Vamp simply for the sake of it, each gift needs to be chosen for a reason that is valuable for the character.

Vampire-Study.jpg

Thanks! I agree 100%.
  • TooColdToCrack
    TooColdToCrack
    Soul Shriven
    A couple other things I forgot to mention. If you're having a hard time logging in and getting night time, remember that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. So looking where the sun is will help you determine how much day time is left.

To add to that, if my calculations are correct, daytime is 5 1/2 hours and night time is 1 1/2 hours, so every night if you get on around the same time, nighttime will come about a half hour earlier.
  • MeridianKnight
    Werewolf and Vampire spawns rotate about every 3 days.
    This seems to be somewhat true. I can confirm that the spawn doesn’t always rotate. Last week for example, I was looking for a Bloodfiend night since WW just spawned 3 nights before and WW’s spawned again. So the rotation part does not hold true, I can confirm that there has always been at least a 2 day gap between spawn nights though.

The two day gap between spawns is false at the moment - maybe they change it randomly. Werewolf 3 night cycles in a row. :-1: Sadly I'm looking for bloodfiends. At least me and my wife were able to help others get their bites.

Thank you for the maps and other info though. Its been very helpful. I'll posted a video below that is a walk through of a low level doing werewolf quest - I skipped tutorial, stole some equipment and got my wife to bite me so I could video how to do it for other lowbies. Bare equip, health regen drink of +30 and lvl 3 character lol Still couple hours left on the upload time though.

Link to the WW Quest Walkthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak5A6g-wMHk

Link to the Vampire Walkthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abv34WlhLY0
    Edited by MeridianKnight on September 26, 2015 4:05PM