The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 1005, Even after repair & run as administrator.

Bodybuilder
I'm getting an error 1005 when i try downloading eso's new update.
i was gone for 2 weeks ( on holiday )
now when i get back.. i can't get into the game CRY

all i've got active besides eso is youtube.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Bodybuilder,

As a quick clarification, are you attempting to run the game or the launcher as an administrator? Error 1005 is a specific error that means the launcher is unable to access folders that it needs to.

Just to be sure, head to the installation folder for ESO (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher), right click on the Bethesda.net_Launcher file, and choose Run as Administrator.

If that helps, you can make sure that the launcher runs as an admin every time by right clicking on the Bethesda.net_Launcher and selecting Properties. Head to the compatibility tab and check off the Run as Administrator box towards the bottom, choose Apply, then Ok.

If this doesn't help, let us know and we'll be happy to continue doing what we can.

As a side note, we've moved this thread to PC technical support as it fits the subject a bit more closely. Thanks for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Bodybuilder
    it fixed itself, i always run as administrator since the one-click launch doesnt work :persevere: