The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blocking questions

shihku7
shihku7
Can I block spells, stuns and snares? Is blocking omni-directional? Or does it only block in front of me?

What is "block casting"? Can I really cast spells while blocking? if so, how does that work?
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    shihku7 wrote: »
    Can I block spells, stuns and snares?
    Spells can be blocked (and consumes stamina) just like blocking physical damage. Knockdowns and such are also avoided (eg, blocking Crystal Frag avoids knockdown). Snare I'm not sure on.
    Is blocking omni-directional? Or does it only block in front of me?
    Omni-directional.
    What is "block casting"? Can I really cast spells while blocking? if so, how does that work?
    Block-casting is 'casting'/triggering of skills while holding block, thus you keep the 'block' effect active while performing instant abilities.

While your damage can be reduced, it also eats stamina (particularly if you're a magicka build) and the next update also removes stamina regen while blocking.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • shihku7
    shihku7
    thank you so much ^_^