The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where do i get dwarven oil from?

molonlabe80
molonlabe80
Soul Shriven
Im a level 21 and i have found 1 dwarven oil in countless hours of searching caves and everything i can think of, i want to upgrade my weapons and i legit can not find any anywhere. I have hirelings and even when i deconstruct items i never get oil
  • ThisEndsWithUs
    Hirelings, deconstructing (with more points in the extraction skill you get a higher chance of extracting tempers and from refining raw materials). Guild traders, heavy sacks etc.
  • JiSk72
    JiSk72
    Soul Shriven
    You can also get tempers like Dwarven Oil from refining raw materials, I believe.

I have also read that the more points you have in the first smithing skill of the skill tree, the higher the chance of receiving better tempers from hirelings. Not 100% sure if that is true though.

I have never found any dwarven oils from searching caves and stuff. The best ways seems to just deconstruct blue items. If you check a few guild traders, you may be able to pick
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiSk72 wrote: »
    You can also get tempers like Dwarven Oil from refining raw materials, I believe.

I have also read that the more points you have in the first smithing skill of the skill tree, the higher the chance of receiving better tempers from hirelings. Not 100% sure if that is true though.

I have never found any dwarven oils from searching caves and stuff. The best ways seems to just deconstruct blue items. If you check a few guild traders, you may be able to pick

It is the Extraction Passive that gives a higher chance of Refining better materials from Raw Mats and Decon that increases the chance. The material level only works for the material you want to extract. In other words I have pulled Tempers deconning items that are over leveled and gotten no mats with it, just Tempers.

And, yes, you will never find Dwarven Oil by Farming, other than refining the raw mats you Farm. Or, deconning Blue items can return some oil. Or, Hirelings. Those are your three sources.

Well, you can buy them in the Guild Kiosks too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• molonlabe80
    molonlabe80
    Soul Shriven
    I havent looked much at the guild traders? What is it?
  • Bristol_Lad
    It's deffo worth joining various guilds as people like myself sell them within the guild stores.

Guild traders are basically made up of other players and what they do is sell items to other players via the guilds traders . Next time you're in a big town or any town look at your map and check if there are any guild traders nearby.
    Xbox one - EU.

Daggerfall Covenant.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilds with over 50 members unlock a guild store that can be used to sell items. These guilds can also bid on traders all over the Tamriel and Coldharbour. The highest bidder at each trader stall hires it for the week to also sell their store items to any one who visits the trader. If these guilds also claim resources in Cyrodil, they will also be able to sell their goods through the resource's quartermaster.

The these traders are identified on the map as a merchant icon (the scales) with a banner behind it.

On a related note to using skill points to extract more upgrade materials from refining raws and deconstructing uncommon items (green, blue, purple, etc.), you can also spend points to reduce the number of upgrade materials needed to upgrade your item.

Good luck!
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • xX_NachtJager_xx
    xX_NachtJager_xx
    ✭✭✭
    what all of those guys said. imo the most efficient way is to refine ore, and deconstructing blue items. but be careful when deconstructing because they may be researchable and since you are in your 20's you need to start researching stuff. because once you get to your 6th to 7th trait it starts taking a few days to research. but don't rely on your hireling. he hardly ever sends me good stuff......
    CP460 Magsorc, Stamblade, Templar Healer, DK Tank. AKA the drunken nord
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    1. Get Dwarf drunk.
    2. Apply sponge to Dwarf's forehead.
    3. Squeeze sponge contents into a container.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    JiSk72 wrote: »
    ...And, yes, you will never find Dwarven Oil by Farming, other than refining the raw mats you Farm. Or, deconning Blue items can return some oil. Or, Hirelings. Those are your three sources.

Well, you can buy them in the Guild Kiosks too...

FYI

There is another source not mentioned. You can also obtain upgrade mats including dwarven oil from fishing via the Wet Gunney Sacks. While making a video on ESO fishing for my blog, I collected around 20 Wet Gunney Sacks to provide some info on what you can find in them. While opening them, I received several green and blue upgrade mats (including dwarven oil). I have heard "Wet Gunney Sacks" called the fishing equivalent of Heavy Bags. Perhaps you can also get Dwarven oil from them as well but I do not recall finding any myself.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forget guild traders. 1500 a piece is joke. Get the blacksmith passives. Hireling and metal extraction. Break down blue stuff, mine loads of ore and refine it. I got 100+ in the bank and i''ve made at least 6 sets of blue armor.

Get the temper expertise passive so you require less dwarves oil to improve items.
  • Pompeyfluff
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Forget guild traders. 1500 a piece is joke. Get the blacksmith passives. Hireling and metal extraction. Break down blue stuff, mine loads of ore and refine it. I got 100+ in the bank and i''ve made at least 6 sets of blue armor.

Get the temper expertise passive so you require less dwarves oil to improve items.

Agree but who is selling at 1500? Reguarly see them listed at 1k and I still don't buy them.

• NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy them from guild stores. Like 350g each.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On pc they may be 350 they won't go cheaper than 1k on consoles. I have to ask in zone chat and people will only sell for 500 each when I tell them I'll spend 15/20k in one go.

Grain solvent doesn't go cheaper than 3k on stores.

Tempering alloy about 7k. Lucky to find them. Average is 9-10k

I sell my embroidery for 500, elegant lining for 2k and dreugh wax for 6. I would sell it cheaper, but I'll be losing out big time them as I need to buy the blacksmithing equivalent