The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sap essence PVP

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me if this skill is good for pvp/tanking role?

I was thinking to create some kind of nightblade/tank for pvp, I know they don't have any insta heal like DK... so is difficult make it viable, but I tought maybe this skill can make the difference if I have 3 or 4 enemies around .

Suggestions?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB Sap Tanks where a big issue sometime around a year ago (anyone remember Quicky & Greif?). It went away like all FOTM.

With the IC changes, you probably will not get the damage high enough to get healed enough to survive much. It is used as bomb skill on magicka NBs nowadays. Charge proximity detonation, jump in, soul tether and sap essence until NB or all opponents dead.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it got nerfed... or fixed... the questions is: how is it now days?
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't do a whole lot of damage, but it is getting a 20% buff in the next update, apparently. Gives you the Major Sorcery buff, which is awesome. I think a 20% increase in damage done is in order, and after the update it will be correctly balanced. As it is now, I use Pulsar for more damage, but Sap is great for sustaining a group that is low on heals.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    It doesn't do a whole lot of damage, but it is getting a 20% buff in the next update, apparently. Gives you the Major Sorcery buff, which is awesome. I think a 20% increase in damage done is in order, and after the update it will be correctly balanced. As it is now, I use Pulsar for more damage, but Sap is great for sustaining a group that is low on heals.

Where do you read that notes that will be buffed 20%?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS patch notes, Combat fixes. Scroll down to nightblade section. "Drain Power: Increased damage by approx. 20%", this is the base ability, sap essence is one of the morphs and will get the same.
    Edited by Leandor on July 30, 2015 11:14AM