The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Imperial

ssierp
ssierp
Soul Shriven
I bought the Imperial Edition but it says I cannot craft imperi6 items unless I learn the craft. Wasn't that supposed to come with the package?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can convert most existing gear into imperial gear. From your inventory or while you are wearing it, select it and you should have an option to convert it.
    Edited by Ackwalan on July 30, 2015 5:55AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Imperial Edition also allows you to play as an Imperial, which can craft in that style by default.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    You can convert most existing gear into imperial gear. From your inventory or while you are wearing it, select it and you should have an option to convert it.

You can only do that with an Imperial Character. Once you do the item is bound to your account. You can swap it around between your characters, but not other players. Note, some dropped set items can not be converted.

An Imperial Crafter can make things in the Imperial Style and trade or sell them to other players. All other races have to find the Motif and it is one of the rarest items in the game.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only do that with an Imperial Character. Once you do the item is bound to your account. You can swap it around between your characters, but not other players. Note, some dropped set items can not be converted.

An Imperial Crafter can make things in the Imperial Style and trade or sell them to other players. All other races have to find the Motif and it is one of the rarest items in the game.

You can actually convert it with other races. I can convert my gear/weapons with my Breton character to Imperial style. But yeah, those items are bound to your characters.

"We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Confirming post from me_ming. With the Imperial edition, you can convert any style into Imperial, regardless of the characters race, though the item is then bound. If your character is an Imperial, that is their default style, and items crafted in that style are only bound if you equip them.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)