The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two noobie questions

Triaspected
Triaspected
Soul Shriven
As a nightblade for better dps do i keep my skills as magicka or evolve to stamina?

If i need to respec where do i go? As in wayrest of DC there is a shrine to mara but no stendarr in the abbey next to the bank....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 3 shrines are in the same place. And they are in the Temple in Wayrest, towards the back, off to the left side of the Altar.

As for your NB, that is something I struggle with. He used to be Hybrid, then I went Stamina but I am not sure if that is the best way for me. However DW and 2H both work well with Stamina Builds and NBs are kind of made for DW (they can use anything it just seems that DW is a better fit)

So, I would go Stamina. And, that means all in, all Attributes, all Glyphs and all Equipment. You would also be well served by using a Hundings Rage 5 piece and Ashen Grip 4 piece gear set. You can use Ashen Grip if you only know the two traits.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Triaspected
    Triaspected
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you, the NB is only lvl 12 so hes still low, when i visit the temple only mara is there on mine even on the map just says mara.. Weird mist be something off on the xb1 but going on what you've said it makes sense so i will go that way now and have enough levels to boost him that way and will save worrying about respecing
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not even worth respeccing at lvl 12 ... keep building putting your new skill points where you need them - keep enjoying, respec at 40+ imo

btw .. get as many skyshards as you can, including the ones in public dungeons and the skill points you get for completing the Cyrodil tutorial (there even a few skyshards easily obtained in Cyrodil near your base and relatively safe from mobs or enemy players
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    All 3 shrines are in the same place. And they are in the Temple in Wayrest, towards the back, off to the left side of the Altar.

As for your NB, that is something I struggle with. He used to be Hybrid, then I went Stamina but I am not sure if that is the best way for me. However DW and 2H both work well with Stamina Builds and NBs are kind of made for DW (they can use anything it just seems that DW is a better fit)

So, I would go Stamina. And, that means all in, all Attributes, all Glyphs and all Equipment. You would also be well served by using a Hundings Rage 5 piece and Ashen Grip 4 piece gear set. You can use Ashen Grip if you only know the two traits.

If u want to survive do magicka build if u want pure dps go stam. If ur going magicka tho use a resto and destro staff (fire destro staff for added damage) and you can have alot of burst dps and stay alive with ur resto staff with healing ward (4th abilitly in the resto line, should be called steadfast ward morph it to healing ward) and you can do really good
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    For DPS, stamina is the way to go for an NB IMO.

On your map, it may only say Shrine to Mara, but trust me, the other shrines are there as well. Go to the Temple of the Divines in Wayrest (not near the bank, closer to the Wayshrine by a graveyard, kind of behind the castle building), enter the Temple, run to the back on the first floor, and turn to your left. There should be three stone statues. Those are your shrines.

Temple_of_the_Divines_%28Wayrest%29Maplocation.png

Here's a map to help you if you're having trouble.