The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Utility caster

Shadrir
Shadrir
Want to build a caster that is utility and dmag with some healing. I like giving bubbles to my team and buffing them so that they need few heals. I also would like to play a Redguard but it looks like I can't play that race and use magic. What class should I shoot for?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the groupsize for most content is 4, there is lil room for utility in a group setup. You need a dedicated healer, a dedicated tank and the other two are needed for raw dps.

So, though there is some limited room for your playstyle, it is not much seen in groupplay. I would strongly recommend to go for one of the three main roles (healing/tank or dps). Healers and dps are ok to bring some utility (one skill max per bar), but it should not interupt the main task.

Templar and sorcerer fit in that well. Sorcerer is slightly better suited for dps and templar is slightly better suited for healing.

And yip, both healer and dps that also have (some limited) utility are best suited for magicka builds. Redguards concentrate on stamina, so are no use.

good magicka races are High elf (altmer), Breton and Dark Elf (dunmer, specially if you also want to be a vampire, dont be a vampire as a healer!)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Everything in the above post is great advice; however, I would say that if you have your heart set on being a Redguard, it isn't going to totally ruin a magicka build. Sure a Redguard isn't ideal, but unless you are the type of player who just has to squeeze every possible bit of DPS/healing out of your character, you'll be fine. The Redguard's racial passives aren't going to hurt a magicka based character, they just won't really help you any, but there are so many ways to make up for the racial passives in this game that you can still be successful at endgame content.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar stamina build ? ... gives you stam (weapon) based dps but the opportunity to occasionally cast healer support spells ... just don't spread your attributes too thinly. If you want to mostly heal, magicka, if you want to mostly dps, stamina

then you have to decide on how much medium vs light armor you are going to wear
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend