The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP WTF Moments

revonine
revonine
✭✭✭✭
Was running around a keep in the process of being captured being all nightbladey picking off stragglers and stuff and suddenly my character drops dead in stealth without any visual cues, warning or enemies nearby. I wait for the death recap in bewilderment only to see I was hit with two snipes and a poison injection from the same person at the same time?

No amount of individual skill would have ever saved me. Pretty unfair.

I've many other not so pleasant moment with camo hunter users but I won't go into those as I know the skill is bugged.

Anyone have any moments like this they wanna share?
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Yep had that before but on a greater scale lol. My best wtf moment to date is was defending a keep they were inside and a dragon knight used his lunge ability while we were both on flat ground and I died from 80k+ fall damage lol. Gave me comfort knowing he didn't get the kill lol.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being stuck in the wall at Sej Outpost after a repair, then watching AD come in, look at me, take the outpost, wave and walk off.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Being stuck in the wall at Sej Outpost after a repair, then watching AD come in, look at me, take the outpost, wave and walk off.

Yep had that before. Also seen a mate while we were defending get stuck inside a wall inside the keep and couldn't be touched or attack lol. Was good while all the AD. Attackers were looking at him I ballisted them and save the keep lol
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have another one. Defending the inner keep, pushing the enemy away from broken keep door when they started advancing again i decided it was wise to back in side, wondering why I couldn't move I turned around only to realize my faction mates had repaired the door behind me and I swiftly fell to a hail of magic.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    Was running around a keep in the process of being captured being all nightbladey picking off stragglers and stuff and suddenly my character drops dead in stealth without any visual cues, warning or enemies nearby. I wait for the death recap in bewilderment only to see I was hit with two snipes and a poison injection from the same person at the same time?

I've many other not so pleasant moment with camo hunter users but I won't go into those as I know the skill is bugged.

Actually that is an untrue statement.
    First off Radiant Magelight would have made snipe do 50% of the damage, also stopped the stun. Secondly, if you were truly stealthed you should not been seen unless your enemy was using detect in some form. Third, snipe is one of the easiest skills to stop by either using dodge roll, terrain, or bash/skill interupt ala Crushing Shock, Venom Arrow, etc.

Death Recap is not accurate or reliable. It also does not give you a time stamp.
    I'm not saying your death wouldn't appear strange but there are preventative measures you could take and some simple awareness would go a long way. Calling this situation unfair is just wrong.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everytime fall damage gets me after a meteor
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

First off Radiant Magelight would have made snipe do 50% of the damage, also stopped the stun. Secondly, if you were truly stealthed you should not been seen unless your enemy was using detect in some form. Third, snipe is one of the easiest skills to stop by either using dodge roll, terrain, or bash/skill interupt ala Crushing Shock, Venom Arrow, etc.

Death Recap is not accurate or reliable. It also does not give you a time stamp.
    I'm not saying your death wouldn't appear strange but there are preventative measures you could take and some simple awareness would go a long way. Calling this situation unfair is just wrong.

Yes it's true all that you have mentioned are counters to snipe, I've used crushing shock myself to stun when I see the animation. I usually dodge snipes myself with a dodge roll when I hear the tell tale sound of an incoming arrow however on this occasion there was no sound and I was in a keep tower with both entrances and the stairs in my LOS.
    Who ever this guy was, it appeared he killed me without even leaving stealth as I saw no-one before or after death.
    Strange *shrugs*
    Not saying your any way incorrect (your not) that was just my experience and seemed unfair.

Heck I've gotten kills on my magicka nightblade that must have seemed downright unfair to the other guy so I'm far from outright complaining here.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

Yes it's true all that you have mentioned are counters to snipe, I've used crushing shock myself to stun when I see the animation. I usually dodge snipes myself with a dodge roll when I hear the tell tale sound of an incoming arrow however on this occasion there was no sound and I was in a keep tower with both entrances and the stairs in my LOS.
    Who ever this guy was, it appeared he killed me without even leaving stealth as I saw no-one before or after death.
    Strange *shrugs*
    Not saying your any way incorrect (your not) that was just my experience and seemed unfair.

Heck I've gotten kills on my magicka nightblade that must have seemed downright unfair to the other guy so I'm far from outright complaining here.

Maybe you noticed this, maybe not, but any class killing from sneak, if the sneak attack kills, you go right back into sneak. I have done this a lot with snipe back in the day. Where the second snipe came from on recap, no idea. Is it possible you were distracted and just didn't notice it/him? Like one of those moments where the cat knocks over your bottle of water or something? ;) I mean the only thing I can think of is that he prepared a snipe from sneak and as soon as the arrow loosed he began another snipe and then finished with a poison injection. Or maybe he did snipe>poison>snipe. Either way, there would be some delay between those due to a global cooldown. The only way he can truly combo is if he added light/med/heavy attacks woven into one of those abilities. Maybe the first snipe hit, stunned you, and the rest came as you were stunned. I have picked off people like that before, usually snipe>medium/poison weave.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your first point I actually was not aware of. The more you learn! :)
    I actually played 1-50 as a stamblade and did screw around with animation cancelling and found I could pull off some hard hitting combos with the right timing. (switched to magicka for VET ranks realized it was true calling and then learned of the buff to cloak in the next update woohoo).
    I've read many times here that the death recap sometimes is just not accurate so they might have been some weaving going on. Seems like I was just outplayed then :P

also my cat is an *** how did you know? ;)
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    everytime fall damage gets me after a meteor

haven't experienced this yet, but damn meteor spamming is annoying, I can just just cloak to dodge it though. I have ice comet myself but I haven't used it since I got devouring swarm as I hear it causes server lag.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first point I actually was not aware of. The more you learn! :)
    I actually played 1-50 as a stamblade and did screw around with animation cancelling and found I could pull off some hard hitting combos with the right timing. (switched to magicka for VET ranks realized it was true calling and then learned of the buff to cloak in the next update woohoo).
    I've read many times here that the death recap sometimes is just not accurate so they might have been some weaving going on. Seems like I was just outplayed then :P

also my cat is an *** how did you know? ;)

Most cats are *** :) It's why I hate khajit so much.

Thing about Death Recap is sometimes it takes a skill or a proc and combines all of them into one. Any skill that works like a channel dot or a proc (Camo Hunter / Radiant Destruction are good examples).

Last night I was making a video to show that mace armor pen is not doing insane stacking like the rumor says. After I slew that white whale, I thought, "Why not the camo hunter rumor?" So we tested that. The first time I let myself die while standing in Caltrops/Camo Hunter I got several 3-4k non crit camo hunter procs and when I died death recap showed something like a 12-15k Camo Hunter. This of course is misleading. The same thing happens to Radiant Destruction and people think the sky is falling. :neutral:
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    I know I made a group of people very angry yesterday.

I was in bruma just searching things, Minding my own business, When two AD walk in and target me immediately. They chase me upstairs (I think i'm in brumas keep) and back down. After I realized the door would not open for me, I went cloaked while getting hit.

I dumped a bunch of magica into cloak, and snuck away right as my health was nearly 1 hit to die. I snuck into another room to heal and regain magica. When it was filled I bolted out the door while getting hit by a poison arrow, but it didn't matter I was gone.

They really should have killed me, but I managed to lose 2 people in a small building.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defending a keep in bwb last night, only me and 2 others as a group tried to take it, so we all did our best to distract the enemy for as long as possible, making them place batistas close enough for us to attack etc.

Holding the group back for 20 or so mins, I'm running around trying to drop poison bows on everyone to keep them at s distance as the walls go down.

I step back, buff up and get ready for melee... Thinking come on!

Then I'm dead... Recap shows 2 catapults hit me at once...bollocks.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I seen my first flying sorc, jump from the hill top behind Alessia and stay airborne all the way to the keep, I was like wtf is going on here, if your ever behind Alessia just take a look at how far that is, was a crazy exploit, which I believe they fixed a while back.