Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 PS4's with separate accounts need answers

spiritwarrior
spiritwarrior
Soul Shriven
would appreciate if anyone could clarify this for me. my nephew and i have been playing eso on a single ps4 for the last month. all we do is switch users and all of his characters show up when he starts the game.

now he got a new ps4 for himself and we wanna play together now so am i right in assuming he will have to:

buy psplus since new ps4 needs it to play online (he was using mine via being a second user)
buy eso
login to eso with his account he made while on my ps4 and his characters will all be there?
he bought crowns on my ps4 for his characters, will they all be retained for him too?
will the explorer pack freebies with his new copy of the game will be automatically added?
Edited by spiritwarrior on July 29, 2015 8:24AM
  • Bruce-Cambel
    Bruce-Cambel
    ✭✭
    As eso is an mmo, like other mmo's all character data is stored on their servers, meaning you're char data is stored on ZOS servers which means you can login from any PS4 (provided that you have ps+) and get access to your characters with the psn account that is linked to eso.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, the data is server side so he should be able to access it by simply registering his account on the new PS4 ... he might also need to flag the new machine as his primary account machine on the PSN website
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend