Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So should I subscribe to eso plus?

SkepticalGlenn
I'm not sure if I would be wasting my money or not. Is the 10% bonus to xp noticeable? I feel like it wouldn't make much of a difference. What is everyone's opinion? Spend real money on a free to play game or nah?
Khajit has wares
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pay attention, only then you will notice yes.

YOda_900.jpg

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless your really finicky about maximizing your leveling, crafting and cash gains the 10% probably won't be that big of a deal. However if you intend to make regular purchases from the cash shop you might consider it for the monthly crowns they give. It might also be worth subscribing in order to test drive any DLC before fully committing to purchasing.

I personally don't think it's worth it (would have preferred they kept the loyalty reward program as the sub perk) but to each their own.
    Edited by Fruitmass on July 29, 2015 6:11AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sub consist of 3 elements.
    1: 10% xp bonus for 1 month
    2: 1500 gems
    3: free access to dlc's (for that month).

The free access to dlc's is a bit misleading. This access expires when you stop paying, requiring you to still buy them with crowns.
    The 1500 gems are slightly cheaper to be be bought directly.
    So the question is indeed wether the xp bonus is worth it or not. That depends a lot on your playstyle.

The game is designed to do all quests and full map completion. It is possible to skip quests by farming, but that means also skipping skillpoints and dyes. Now you might not care bout them now, but a shortage of skillpoints is notable.
    So if you want to get all skillpoints and dyes you need to do all quests. The amount of XP a quest gives depends on your level. So a 10% xp boost means you level up quicker, and that means you gain less xp from quests, cancelling out the actual bonus you got from the xp boost.

All in all the answer is no. The sub is utterly useless. I don't think the marketing department ever actually played this game and you are better of supporting ZoS bybuying crows directly.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • SkepticalGlenn
    Ranique wrote: »

The free access to dlc's is a bit misleading. This access expires when you stop paying, requiring you to still buy them with crowns.
    So the question is indeed wether the xp bonus is worth it or not. That depends a lot on your playstyle.

The game is designed to do all quests and full map completion. It is possible to skip quests by farming, but that means also skipping skillpoints and dyes. Now you might not care bout them now, but a shortage of skillpoints is notable.
    So if you want to get all skillpoints and dyes you need to do all quests. The amount of XP a quest gives depends on your level. So a 10% xp boost means you level up quicker, and that means you gain less xp from quests, cancelling out the actual bonus you got from the xp boost.

All in all the answer is no. The sub is utterly useless. I don't think the marketing department ever actually played this game and you are better of supporting ZoS bybuying crows directly.

Wow, very well said, I think you helped sway my decision. I am a completionist. Despite me getting extremely tired of certain zones. I've done pretty much all of the quests in Auridion and Grahtwood. But there's just so many..... I know if I plan to do them all though that the xp boost will be useless because they made it to where you can hit max level by completing everything. So I might buy the 5500 crown package. I'll most likely buy the motiff's for ancient elf and deadric or maybe the dark fire horse.

Khajit has wares
  • Lleksu
    Lleksu
    ✭✭✭
    I used to sub because I wanted to support the game and I'm a glutton for vanity items (Yep, I have the Frost Mare).

But I cancelled mine. There's nothing else I want in the store and nothing hinted at in the foreseeable future that I'm after. PvP doesn't interest me all that much so I'm not overly excited for IC.

Most of all, I just can't justify paying a sub for what currently feels like a single player game.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow, very well said, I think you helped sway my decision. I am a completionist. Despite me getting extremely tired of certain zones. I've done pretty much all of the quests in Auridion and Grahtwood. But there's just so many..... I know if I plan to do them all though that the xp boost will be useless because they made it to where you can hit max level by completing everything. So I might buy the 5500 crown package. I'll most likely buy the motiff's for ancient elf and deadric or maybe the dark fire horse.

Keep in mind that end of next month the dlc imperial city is released. the price will be 2500 crowns. So you might want to reserve crowns for that.

Personally the ancient eld and deadric motiffs are not very good unless you got access to the veteran rank zones to farm the style items.

PC player - EU
  • theforgottenking1779
    No save your money es plus aint worth it eso on console sucks balls
  • Umad_BrO
    Umad_BrO
    ✭✭✭
    The mistake that is killing the subscribing here is that word....subscribing. I refused to buy this until the mandatory subscription ended, and we all knew it would.
    Just my opinion here, but it may have been smarter for promoting this by calling it a season pass.....
    What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I know if I plan to do them all though that the xp boost will be useless because they made it to where you can hit max level by completing everything.

Note: I'm not trying to sway your decision on whether to subscribe to ESO Plus or not. I just want to clarify one thing, so you don't get to late the Veteran Levels and go what happened here.

For most players, ESO does not currently have enough content to hit max level (Veteran Rank 14 soon to be Veteran Rank 16) by just completing everything. Some grinding is typically required. The Veteran Rank zones are really only designed to get you to Veteran Rank 10 and a lot of people have a hard time even getting there without grinding. Craglorn is theoretically supposed to get you from Vet 10 to Vet 14, but since it is a group zone it is hard to find players to run with.

Now I'm the weird type of person who refuses to use add-ons/websites for lorebooks and skyshards so I typically manage to stay overleveled even into Veteran Ranks (because I grind so many mobs out in the wilderness hunting them down), but like I said I'm the exception not the rule. This forum is filled with people asking, "I'm Vet 11 and don't have anymore content to do, how do I get to Vet 14?" Only to be given the answer of "Grind mobs."

Just wanted to give you a heads up :)

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    I know if I plan to do them all though that the xp boost will be useless because they made it to where you can hit max level by completing everything.

Note: I'm not trying to sway your decision on whether to subscribe to ESO Plus or not. I just want to clarify one thing, so you don't get to late the Veteran Levels and go what happened here.

For most players, ESO does not currently have enough content to hit max level (Veteran Rank 14 soon to be Veteran Rank 16) by just completing everything. Some grinding is typically required. The Veteran Rank zones are really only designed to get you to Veteran Rank 10 and a lot of people have a hard time even getting there without grinding. Craglorn is theoretically supposed to get you from Vet 10 to Vet 14, but since it is a group zone it is hard to find players to run with.

Now I'm the weird type of person who refuses to use add-ons/websites for lorebooks and skyshards so I typically manage to stay overleveled even into Veteran Ranks (because I grind so many mobs out in the wilderness hunting them down), but like I said I'm the exception not the rule. This forum is filled with people asking, "I'm Vet 11 and don't have anymore content to do, how do I get to Vet 14?" Only to be given the answer of "Grind mobs."

While this is true, it is not that the booster will make a huge difference till you reach veteran rank 11. This cause...as described earlier. You are supposed to do all quests and the rewards for doing quests (and killing the foes that comes with the quest) below your level is less rewarding in XP. the result is that you gain no real advantage.

Only once you reach VR11 and choose to do the path of farming, the booster will make a change. But then again, it doesn't take ages to farm it and it is definitly not worth a single month of sub. Specially cause it would mean paying for a obvious flaw in the system (a flaw that is acknowledged by ESO with the announcement bout solo VR10+ content)

PC player - EU
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

While this is true, it is not that the booster will make a huge difference till you reach veteran rank 11. This cause...as described earlier. You are supposed to do all quests and the rewards for doing quests (and killing the foes that comes with the quest) below your level is less rewarding in XP. the result is that you gain no real advantage.

Only once you reach VR11 and choose to do the path of farming, the booster will make a change. But then again, it doesn't take ages to farm it and it is definitly not worth a single month of sub. Specially cause it would mean paying for a obvious flaw in the system (a flaw that is acknowledged by ESO with the announcement bout solo VR10+ content)

Totally agree with this @Ranique, which is why I said I wasn't trying to sway the OP on the ESO purchase.I just didn't want him to be surprised when he didn't make it to Veteran 14 before running out of new content :)