Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can i level up to Pass 50 without doing the last main quest?

gitz143
gitz143
✭✭
I've read from old guides from last year that you can't pass 50 to go vr2 but since there has been many updates maybe it doesn't apply anymore. Anyone know if the recent update makes you go pass vr1?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You've allways been able to reach max level without doing the main quest. The main reason to do the main quest is getting access to veteran rank solo pve questing zones and that you will miss a lot of skill points if you don't do it.
  • gitz143
    gitz143
    ✭✭
    No that's not what i meant. Can you level veteran rank 2 without defeating molag Bal?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gitz143 wrote: »
    No that's not what i meant. Can you level veteran rank 2 without defeating molag Bal?
    You sure can but why would you want to?
    confused24.gif
  • SkepticalGlenn
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You sure can but why would you want to?
    confused24.gif

He's a molag bal sympathizer!!!!!!! ARREST HIM!!!!!
    Khajit has wares
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes you can but you will be locked out a lot of content to level up.
    With defeating Molag Bal you gain access to cadwell's silver (and upon completion also cadwells gold). This is needed to get to the veteran level zones. So without doing so you can only enter Craglorn (which is vr10+ group content, so you likely can't level there at all at VR1), grind in coldharbour (where you will stop earning xp soon enough), do PvP and do undaunted pledges. All in all good xp, but you will need to grind significant more.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Hlaadriel
    Hlaadriel
    ✭✭✭
    I leveled to v12 before doing the main quest... mainly with pvp though...
  • gitz143
    gitz143
    ✭✭
    Thanks.
    Hlaadriel wrote: »
    I leveled to v12 before doing the main quest... mainly with pvp though...

Did molag bal scale to you level?
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Does Molag level with you?
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • kamikaze590
    Why in the world would you wanna skip an awesome questline like that? I really enjoyed it as a 50 lol
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can level all the way up without completing the main quest. When you hit level 50, you can port into Craglorn, and you're also able to just level purely in Cyrodiil (after level 10). The Molag Bal fight does scale to you, and so does the (extremely mediocre) weapon you get for finishing the main quest.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, I thought I would cheat by getting a higher lvl before doing it lol.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp