Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf transformation not lasting long

abirdman24
I've seen other players stay transformed for quite awhile but when I transform it only lasts a very short time. I feed on everything I kill and I have the extra time from damage passive unlocked. Is there something I'm not doing right?
Live in the light, but play in the dark
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are confused bout the function of bloodrage. It does not increase the time you spent in werewolf form. It adds ultimate for incomming damage. Ultimate does not lenghten the time you can stay in werewolf form, but it ensures you can get into the form quicker (ultimate is loaded up and ready quicker).

There are two passives that increase the time in werewolf form:
    Devour (devour a body to stay longer in werewolf form, can be interupted).
    Call of the pack. This does nothing for you, but werewolves around you can stay up to 5% longer in werewolf form.

Further, the skill pounce can be increased to Feral pounce. This will let you stay in the form longer for every use. As you need to have a distance to use it, you actually need to make room between you and your target and then use the skill.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Devour is very poor in terms of transformation extension. I barely last 32 seconds with devour and five enemies eaten. I wish that they would allow for full moon/hunters moon extension that lasts at least for the night. Mind you, That could be very OP.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• abirdman24
    Thanks for the help, it makes more sense now. I was reading it wrong
  • abirdman24
    Yeah a system to make the change longer would be nice. It's an awesome skill but way to short. It would be OP if lasted to long, but it could go much longer then it does now without being OP. Maybe they'll extend that at some point
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Devour is very poor in terms of transformation extension. I barely last 32 seconds with devour and five enemies eaten. I wish that they would allow for full moon/hunters moon extension that lasts at least for the night. Mind you, That could be very OP.

Not realy OP in my opinion. I can stay in werewolf form indefinitely already when in PVE. In PVP it gets balanced by the fact that Poison death with be rained upon you. I have saved my groups and rallied my surrounding faction mates countless times to win a skirmish with whereform. You just need to have battlefield awareness and no one and when not to shift, and by god if see the green and hear the sizzle of a poison arrow drop that wereform fast lol. whereform really should just be 'toggled' ultimate.
  • abirdman24
    How do you stay indefinite? I didn't think that was even remotely possible.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    abirdman24 wrote: »

can't with cool downs on feeding, but with Blood rage maxed you get 3 seconds longer in WW (3 second cooldown) when you get hit .. constant hits = constant WW form.

Edited by OzJohnD on July 27, 2015 1:34AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

can't with cool downs on feeding

When the cd was 30s and gave 30s then yes for the most part, but since they reduced the cd to 5s? it is possible. I've done this in the past, leveled from 21 to 22 off of one ww rampage, but you have to prioritize eating, a lot.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Devour cooldown is 20s ...
    I don't know if they fixed it, but in the past you could break the feeding channeling before Devour finished and it never triggered the cooldown.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    I think the Devour cooldown is 20s ...
    I don't know if they fixed it, but in the past you could break the feeding channeling before Devour finished and it never triggered the cooldown.

A while ago I recall that was the case, but I know I have been able to devour a group of 3 mobs after killing them before they despawned, however I also learned that in some areas they despawn very fast.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    I think you are confused bout the function of bloodrage. It does not increase the time you spent in werewolf form. It adds ultimate for incomming damage. Ultimate does not lenghten the time you can stay in werewolf form, but it ensures you can get into the form quicker (ultimate is loaded up and ready quicker).

There are two passives that increase the time in werewolf form:
    Devour (devour a body to stay longer in werewolf form, can be interupted).
    Call of the pack. This does nothing for you, but werewolves around you can stay up to 5% longer in werewolf form.

Further, the skill pounce can be increased to Feral pounce. This will let you stay in the form longer for every use. As you need to have a distance to use it, you actually need to make room between you and your target and then use the skill.

This is old information, Bloodrage does increase time in werewolf form; when hit gain 3 seconds, 3 second cooldown. Call of the pack now causes nearby werewolf allies to stay in form for 10 more seconds... this happens when you transform.

By using heavy attacks with the pack leader you gain more time in form as well. You can stay in form as long as your are in combat really.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • abirdman24
    On ok I see my mistake. I for some reason didn't catch the 3 second cool down on Bloodrage. And I'll have to use more heavy attacks too. I have Leader of the Pack, but I rarely do heavy attacks. Time to break out the old play book and redo some strategies lol. Thanks guys
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most common mistake people do is to not feed properly.

When you are near a corpse that can be devoured, click the devour skill and wait.

The werewolf must be allowed to go through the entire feeding animation before the timer is extended/refilled. If you just click the devour key and immediately move you interrupt the devour and do not get any extra WW time.

If you properly devour, it restores almost 50% of your WW timer. Devouring after every kill means you can stay in WW form forever, as long as you keep killing fast enough.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    The most common mistake people do is to not feed properly.

When you are near a corpse that can be devoured, click the devour skill and wait.

The werewolf must be allowed to go through the entire feeding animation before the timer is extended/refilled. If you just click the devour key and immediately move you interrupt the devour and do not get any extra WW time.

If you properly devour, it restores almost 50% of your WW timer. Devouring after every kill means you can stay in WW form forever, as long as you keep killing fast enough.

Good point! This being said... corpses that despawn or disappear in the middle of feeding will not grant you any time in form.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Saynna
    Saynna
    ✭✭
    I can't speak much for PvP (waiting to get all my 8 chars to Vr14 first), but if you're grinding in PvE you can last in werewolf form indefinitely with ease, imo. Devour and Bloodrage are the most important skills you need to achieve this and I recommend only upgrading Bloodrage once only and I'll explain why. As you may be aware, devour takes time to be put in use. You must wait until the feeding is over until you regain time for your werewolf transformation, because of this the first upgrade in Bloodrage is very helpful since you gain an extra 3 seconds once you are hit every 5 seconds. The waiting time for you to devour a corpse compliments this. You can then move onto your next set of prey and expect the extra 3 when they hurt you and so on and so on. Your two combative skills you should be using PvE are Infectious Claws and Hircine's Bounty. Start off by AoE'ing the mobs with Infections claws and aggro with light attacks, picking one off at a time while Infectious Claws drains the others' health. Hircine's bounty is used to self-heal yourself in emergencies and the plus side is that it uses Magicka instead of Stamina. Sometimes I will use Roar to scare off the other 1-2 mobs while I focus feeding on the first mob if I feel I need to (usually when transformation time is low) and by doing so I might even use Hircine's Bounty as a follow up and proceed with my assault. Your stamina is better put in use to get you to enemies ASAP, but if they're too far away make sure you're feeding off two mobs if possible at least. This gives you time to recover your stamina as well as maxing your time in werewolf form. Piercing Howl and Pounce are absolutely unneeded even in a 1v1 in PVE. You can also do this without infectious claws effectively, but it certainly does help. ;)
    PS4 NA Server EP/AD
  • abirdman24
    That sounds like a good strategy. I'll have to respec some and try it. It's fun bring a Lycan but some of the skills are under whelming. Thanks for the tips
  • BullElky
    BullElky
    That sounds like a good strategy. I'll have to respec some and try it. It's fun bring a Lycan but some of the skills are under whelming. Thanks for the tips

I'm calling BS or a Bug on this whole thing. I'm vet 1 with recent WW form obtained. I'm rank 10 with all passives and devour. I stay in WW form about 30 seconds regardless if I eat none or 5 people. I literally devoured a guy last night and 2 seconds after I transformed back. What gives? Is the x1 version bugged?

XBOX One // NA // Ebonheart Pact // GuildMaster : "Farmer's Market" // GT: BullElky // Msg in game for invite if you are an active trader.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm calling BS or a Bug on this whole thing. I'm vet 1 with recent WW form obtained. I'm rank 10 with all passives and devour. I stay in WW form about 30 seconds regardless if I eat none or 5 people. I literally devoured a guy last night and 2 seconds after I transformed back. What gives? Is the x1 version bugged?

Did you let the devour animation finish? If you move too soon, it will get interrupted and you get no extra WW time.
  • Saynna
    Saynna
    ✭✭

Under your magicka bar (left side, blue bar) there will be another blue bar under it when you transform. This is the timer for your werewolf. Notice by the passing second the bar is depleting. To fill it you have to devour corpses (any corpse and it could have been a corpse someone else killed) or get hit (this passive is blood rage). Again as Sharee said, you have to wait for the full animation to complete before moving on. To make sure the transformation is complete make sure you're looking at the timer and if it is complete it will regain half of the bar. If you don't gain any more time it is because of a few reasons: You stopped it too soon/moved away right after you pressed the button(s) for devour, you got interrupted (IE mob runs into you moving you away/knocks you down), or the corpse despawned. Yes corpses do despawn while you feed. This means the timer bar will not regenerate. There is no way you're only lasting 2 seconds after a complete devour. I'm going to assume you mean blood rage when you talk about x1 version, because Devour doesn't have 1/2, 1/3, etc. Blood rage is not bugged (well for PS4 anyways) as I just finished today's grinding 21-30 purely staying in werewolf form for 2 levels at a time (generally when my inventory is full). I ALWAYS keep a careful eye on the timer to plan ahead on when to devour and when to expect blood rage to work. With that said, I can guarantee you 100% that both Devour AND Blood Rage is not bugged (for PS4 anyways, but if it works fine there I wouldn't doubt it's not on xbox/pc).

Just going to put a reminder here because the only thing I think you guys are doing wrong is devouring. When you devour someone it takes time to be put into effect. The whole animation needs to go through. You cannot just press the button(s) needed to devour and then move instantly after pressing those buttons. It takes a good 5 seconds for the whole devour process to finish. After you devour one corpse you cannot devour the corpse beside of it immediately so you need to wait a few seconds if you want to devour it. With that said, you can only devour one copy of a corpse once and no more than that.

I'm going to assume if you got that far in your skill tree, but still having troubles maintaining wolf form that you stayed in the quest area and grinded the mobs there until you hit level 10 in your skill line, or something to that effect.

TL;DR

Devour and Blood Rage is not bugged.
    PS4 NA Server EP/AD
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time u can be indefinite is at shrine
  • Saynna
    Saynna
    ✭✭
    Only time u can be indefinite is at shrine

The point being made is that you can last hours in Werewolf form, not just a few minutes when you're not at a shrine.
    PS4 NA Server EP/AD
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have plenty to devour yes you can go on forever