Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noob question about weaving...(xbox)

Lordklinger
So I hear people talking about weaving, but i'm not completely sure I understand it. Is it possible to do weaving on the xbox? Could someone maybe explain it for a player that is running a 2H setup? Honestly, I might be doing it and not even realizing it. Thanks in advance.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a basic attack with your sword. See that big animation of you swinging your sword? That takes time, but basic attacks themselves are instant. The underlying combat mechanic is an instant damage attack, but the animation of the attack is not instant, obviously. Do your basic attack, then immediately follow it up with a magicka/stamina-based skill. Since the basic attack was instant, it's combat mechanics are finished and the game can prioritize your skill attack over the animation of the basic attack. So you can do more damage in a shorter time.

Basically, a lot of the animations in the game are purely cosmetic. You can bypass them if you initialize another action after the damage is done but before the graphical fluff finishes.

Practice your timing for starting a basic attack, letting go, triggering the skill attack, and working that into a rotation. Get a feel for what takes priority and what will cancel an animation. It takes some work to get it right, but you will get it set to muscle memory eventually. You will know when is too soon, when you have waited too long, etc.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep its just cancelling the animation of the current instant action .. your screen visuals will tell you that you still have something happening and instinctively delay the next action

consider it "queuing" actions and you will start to get the hang of it.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend