The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[New Premium] Blessing of Julianos

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Name
Blessing of Julianos

Introduction
Step forward, and receive the blessing of Julianos. He shall impart the wisdom to guide you through your journeys, for a modest fee ;)

Effects
  1. Awards character with enough experience to instantly raise their level to 20
  2. The closest wayshrine in a level 20 zone is uncovered on the map (example: DC character would have a Stormhaven wayshrine marked)
  3. The main story line is completed up to level 20
  4. [Drawback] You forfeit the rewards up to this point

Requirements
Must already have a level 20 on their account in order to purchase this scroll

Final Notes
This game is great, but like most games, the initial grind through the first few levels can be draining. I generally get to level 7, stop, then go back to my level 35 and the others never get played again. I know others have been in this position, but what if you could skip all that and get straight to the good stuff, assuming you've already done it before, of course? Allowing a new player to do this would be silly, and they'd be missing out on a lot of the great stuff in the beginning, not to mention the story, so Julianos' blessing will be unavailable to them.

The name could also be changed to something with Hermaeus Mora. I intentionally tried to pick names of those who represent wisdom to correspond with the experience you receive.

What do you think?
  • MsHoudini
    MsHoudini
    Soul Shriven
    This is a fantastic idea! Grinding through till level 20 just plain sucks right now on my alternate character. I have had others complain about this as well.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again pay to level? Seriously?

And level 20? Come on mate, if you can't be bothered to level up to 20, how in the world do you want to live through the veteran grind? Level 20 is done in 5hrs gaming. Even on a reasonably good grind spot, you will need 10 times as long to get through vet ranks. Will you be asking for the "Blessing of Plutus" when you reach them?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope never to see Pay to Cheat in the Crown Store.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to play the game without playing the game, go play WoW.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally do not think it is a good idea.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    And level 20? Come on mate, if you can't be bothered to level up to 20, how in the world do you want to live through the veteran grind? Level 20 is done in 5hrs gaming. Even on a reasonably good grind spot, you will need 10 times as long to get through vet ranks. Will you be asking for the "Blessing of Plutus" when you reach them?

I work a full time job, and do personal contracts on the side, so unfortunately my gaming time can be minimal at times. Getting to level 20 will take me quite a long time. When I reached it, I didn't find it such a bad level from there on, but the grind before it was a bit daunting with lack of skills.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to play the game without playing the game, go play WoW.

On the contrary; I DO want to play the game, which is why I'm only asking for level 20, not max level. That would bore me to tears, even more so than the initial grind.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Boosting to a mere level 20 is hardly considered "cheating". It gives you no advantage over enemy players or any aspect in the game. It just fast-forwards your progression slightly so you don't have to go through the same story in the beginning a million times, and get access to some decent skills to make gameplay more fun.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I work a 60 hour a week demanding job (engineer in pipeline industry, if you want to know), am a married 40 year old and have two dogs. I play for fun and don't participate in activities that require adherence to a schedule in any way. The money I'd have to pay for these conveniences don't even show up on my bank statements. Nonetheless, I vehemently oppose these pay things, out of knowledge what they tend to do to a game and the community around it.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But... leveling to 20 is the easiest part...
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think level 1-20 is bad, what will you be posting when you hit VR1?

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think level 1-20 is bad, what will you be posting when you hit VR1?

It's not that it's bad (much, much better than my last MMO, which has since been deleted thanks to my love for ESO), but for some reason I found levelling from 20-37 much easier and rewarding. I tried to roll new characters to play a different class or different alliance, but I just couldn't get past level 7 without throwing in the towel.
    But to answer your question, I will not be posting anything like this. I'd happily use the experience boosters at that level if I needed. I'm not interested in skipping the entire game, but I've completed the first few quests enough now that I could recite them word for word. And that's just sad.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work a 60 hour a week demanding job (engineer in pipeline industry, if you want to know), am a married 40 year old and have two dogs. I play for fun and don't participate in activities that require adherence to a schedule in any way. The money I'd have to pay for these conveniences don't even show up on my bank statements.
    Aha! Nice to meet another engineer, albeit a different kind. I'm a software engineer by trade (and hobby).
    Nonetheless, I vehemently oppose these pay things, out of knowledge what they tend to do to a game and the community around it.
    Thanks for your reply. This is the kind of feedback I can appreciate
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boosting to a mere level 20 is hardly considered "cheating". It gives you no advantage over enemy players or any aspect in the game. It just fast-forwards your progression slightly so you don't have to go through the same story in the beginning a million times, and get access to some decent skills to make gameplay more fun.
    Anything which gives a tangible reward for zero effort is considered cheating in my book. If you want to get to Level X, you have to put in the effort involved to get there, whether X is 20, 50 or V14.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything which gives a tangible reward for zero effort is considered cheating in my book. If you want to get to Level X, you have to put in the effort involved to get there, whether X is 20, 50 or V14.

I agree with you there. That's why I included the requirement that you must have already completed a level 20 character before. I probably should have expanded and asked that it only counts if that level 20 is on the same alliance, otherwise you need to redo it again. I don't believe in getting things for free either, but I also don't believe rolling through the same 20 first levels multiple times is enough to keep interest, which it's not for some.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you there. That's why I included the requirement that you must have already completed a level 20 character before. I probably should have expanded and asked that it only counts if that level 20 is on the same alliance, otherwise you need to redo it again. I don't believe in getting things for free either, but I also don't believe rolling through the same 20 first levels multiple times is enough to keep interest, which it's not for some.
    Reasonable restriction, but my point still stands. If you want two Level X toons, you need to put the effort in twice, otherwise you're getting something for nothing.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 28, 2015 5:58PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reasonable restriction, but my point still stands. If you want two Level X toons, you need to put the effort in twice, otherwise you're getting something for nothing.
    The idea behind restrictions and the premium item is to ensure you don't get anything for nothing. You must already have worked your way to level 20 on the particular alliance you want to create your new character in, and you must support the game by paying a fee for the boost.
    I'm not asking for any game changing premium items like in the last game I played. It became absolutely awful. You could pay to have your character max level, and you could also buy a box that produces a random armour or weapon with over powered stats compared to what you get for in-game gold. I'm just wanting to give the option to those who have already done the first line of quests multiple times, the chance to skip it and get into the more interesting quests.