Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning Writs/Materials Questions

MatioFrench
First off, I am playing on the PS4 version of the game. I have two characters that are level 50 in provisioning. One is level 23 and one level 11. Both have all the main city wayshrines in the Aldmeri Dominion, which is where they are based. One of them also has a Coldharbour wayshrine. Both are level 6 in recipe improvement and level 3 in recipe quality, meaning they can make every recipe in the game. My problem is that my writs still ask me to make food/beverages that I was getting when i was at level 4 in recipe improvement. I was hoping to have multiple characters to do provisioning to increase my chances of getting Psijic Ambrosia fragments, but how can I do that if I can't be asked to make the recipe improvement level 6 recipes? I'm at a loss and was hoping someone who knew can help me. Also, has anyone actually CONFIRMED that perfect roe or the fragments are on the PS4 version yet?

Thanks for any and all help.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The joy of being able to hit level 50 provisioning with sub-30 toons .. the writ is based on the highest level item you can craft not on your toon level.

I have masses of recipes (obsessively collected them - I'm a PC transfer) and have little trouble completing provisioning writs, I just find them brain numbing.

Apparently you can get someone else to craft the items for you to hand it it.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/196358/consoles-when-is-perfect-roe-and-psijic-ambrosia-coming
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• MatioFrench
    Yes that's true about not having to craft the items yourself.

you state the writs are based on the highest level item I can craft, but one of my characters knows vet level 10 provisioning recipes as I obsessively collect them too. I can craft the max level stuff, even though I can't use it. My highest level character is 31. Maybe I have to just level him up? I guess I'm just still confused after your answer. Sorry if I'm just slow lol
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know the answer either but could it be this:

Last few writ levels need to be handed in craglorn. Crag is only accessible to vet toons - since you cannot access crag - the game gives you lower rank writs ...

Just guessing here ...
  • MatioFrench
    Yeah I think that's what's happening.....but then here's my question.....why do I hear and see PC players starting characters and maxing provisioning to level 50 for the recipe fragment chances when it would take a long time to get them to vet level? Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding things and everyone is having this issue unless leveled to vet. If I have to level all my toons to vet level 1 to have them turn in max provisioning writs then count me out....I won't do that. They'll turn in lvl 4 recipe improvement writs and that's that. I have enough trouble playing and leveling my few main characters to worry about trying to level toons just for writ fragment chances.
  • KkaosReinz
    I was wondering this myself, as I already have several alts with provisioning hirelings. the highest recipe I have is VR 4. Guess I'll be fishing till the answer is revealed
    Kkaos Reinz
    Pack Leader of
    The House of Reinz
  • MatioFrench
    I'm starting to think you have to get to vet level 1 to unlock it. Ugggggggghhhhhhhh