Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newbie: Templar Advice and other matters

SunsetStory
SunsetStory
Soul Shriven
Hi All,
I'm a new PS4 player. So far really enjoying things. I've dabbled in other MMOs, but quickly get sick of hitting 1,2,3 and fetching things. But I think the combat in ESO makes you feel more present, and having played Oblivion and Skyrim to death helps.
I've started as a Templar, because I'd like to support/heal.
Just wondering when I'm likely to get access to a Restoration Staff, and some light armor? I'm level 5 and have done a few quests in the starting area. Think I'm at Rooks something-or-other now?
Also, I paired up with some people last night for the first time. Was good, but how do I use chat effectively? I could hear my team mates through my TV speakers, but I didn't have a mic plugged in so couldn't participate. Is there a good way of utilizing chat?
Any general advice for newbies and templars?
Thanks to any who reply.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will get geared up as you complete the starter zone. Can I recommend you use a destruction staff until you hit lvl 15 when you get a second ability bar. You will not be needing to heal others until about then anyway and most Templar healers rely on Templar heals.

Your PS4 came with a simple ear bud / mike .. plug that into your controller for voice chat, just don't leave your mike on constantly please.
    If you are on the NA server, PSN message me and I can craft you some starter gear to save you money buying it.

Try this website for more information

http://deltiasgaming.com/

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To start out I'd recommend you choose anything that interests you other than a restoration staff, will just make your life easier, when you hit level 15 you get a 2nd ability bar (so you can use a 2nd weapon) then I'd choose restoration staff there.

The idea is your 1st bar you do damage with, then switch to your restoration bar to get additional heals or more often than not to do heavy attacks with the restoration staff to get magicka back.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say if you wanna go magic route, start with destruction staff and level that first and when you unlock second weapon ability have restoration on back bar. Only spells healers use at end game in restoration staff skill tree is healing Springs really. With breath of life (templar ability) that's all the heals you need to keep yourself and group alive. So while leveling you do damage withe destro abilities and other templar abilities and heal when needed with breath. Remember that it's best to throw abilities you want to level on your main bar even if you don't use them just to level it up. What I like to do when I turn in quest is, before I do I change all my gear to something I wanna level like light medium or heavy, change all my skills on my bar that I wanna level than turn in quest to get xp on those items/skills. Than switch gear and skills back to what your normally use.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium