Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Farming the Ore & motifs

ShadowAvenger45
I need to know what is the best way to get ore quick and also does anyone know the best places to get motifs- any kind thanks
  • Antubis
    Antubis
    ✭✭
    Fastest way: guild stores.

Second fastest, farm.
  • ShadowAvenger45
    Ok cool
  • Mertirillon
    I think the fastest way to get material is to steal everything you see in town shops and deconstruct. I can usually get a whole stack of mats in just a few minutes of gameplay this way. If you just want the raw ore though, thats tougher, just explore and maybe invest in the passive that highlights the ore when you are at a certain range from it.

To find motifs relatively easy just break into and rob every house in town. I find them somewhat often in wardrobes, desks, and nightstands. The lowest are blue rarity, so they are still a little rare though. The primal and barbaric motifs are found in cadwell silver zones, and ancient elven and deadric are found in gold. Dwemer motif pages, and very very rarely the whole book, are found in dwemer pots and urns. Imperial motif can be found anywhere but is super rare, hence yellow coloring. All loot is random though so you may just get unlucky and have a hard time finding them.
  • Lokustreign
    Lokustreign
    ✭✭
    I think the fastest way to get material is to steal everything you see in town shops and deconstruct. I can usually get a whole stack of mats in just a few minutes of gameplay this way. If you just want the raw ore though, thats tougher, just explore and maybe invest in the passive that highlights the ore when you are at a certain range from it.

To find motifs relatively easy just break into and rob every house in town. I find them somewhat often in wardrobes, desks, and nightstands. The lowest are blue rarity, so they are still a little rare though. The primal and barbaric motifs are found in cadwell silver zones, and ancient elven and deadric are found in gold. Dwemer motif pages, and very very rarely the whole book, are found in dwemer pots and urns. Imperial motif can be found anywhere but is super rare, hence yellow coloring. All loot is random though so you may just get unlucky and have a hard time finding them.

Good points! Stealing is a great way to get items to deconstruct, however, you run the risk of getting caught. And unless you plan on deconstructing right away you'll have to store those stolen items in your bags since you can't deposit in your bank. A more effective way to farm for ingots in particular is to find the lowest level humanoid delve in your alliance and loot all the weapon racks. Once you've done this, you can simply log out and log back in to repopulate the items in that dungeon, with the exception of Dwemer ruins, which are on a global one-hour cooldown after looting all containers.

I'm afraid if you're talking about gathering raw ore, the only real efficient way of doing this is finding a spot no one is farming in and running circuits. You can also put points into hirelings--the most well-known trick to this being the alt hireling mule.

You can have up to 8 toons on your account. Let's say you only play one. Create 7 alts and forgo the opening quest lines, which will bring each alt to their respective first noob city with 3 usable skill points that you will save. Using high level items for alt deconstructing, presumably gathered by your main doing the trick I mention above, you can effectively powerlevel them through the first 3 levels of a given craft in a matter of seconds. Once you hit rank 3 in Blacksmithing, for example, use one skill point to get a hireling. Keep in mind you have 2 more skill points left, so you could do the same for any of the other professions that offer hirelings at level 3: woodworking and clothing.
    Diomedeidae - DC - VR8 Sorcerer
    High on Fire - DC - 36 Nightblade