The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forcing Repawning of crafting items and Ways to do it?

Love_Daggerfall
Love_Daggerfall
✭✭✭
I'll start with my own way of doing this:
I use a Boat in Daggerfall to travel to any Island.
I get what ever is just laying around and put it into my backpack.
I use a Boat to travel any place.
I Travel by boat back to the same Island.
I have found countless times That everything laying about has respawned just like I never took it before.

But this gets me asking Questions:
1. Can this Respawning be done by using what I call teleporters?
2. If I harvest Wood will that Reset once I come back to the Island?
3. Is this Forced Respawning of collectables can it be done on the main land between maps?
4. Last Question What things can't I force to Respawn?
If you know the answers please share...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any items which are instanced only to you such as backpacks, cupboards, etc. will respawn when you reload the instance.

This can be done by exiting to character selection, then returning to the same character. This is a common method of farming motifs. Or as you said by teleporting to a new zone and back.

Materials like wood, ores etc. will not respawn as they're shared with all players.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Any items which are instanced only to you such as backpacks, cupboards, etc. will respawn when you reload the instance.

This can be done by exiting to character selection, then returning to the same character. This is a common method of farming motifs. Or as you said by teleporting to a new zone and back.

Materials like wood, ores etc. will not respawn as they're shared with all players.

Your answer is very interesting indeed in Fact I will try your ideas I have not used yet.
    Something I find a little conflicting! We need to clear this up.
    On a boat there is weapons and armour for everyone to grab.
    When you go away and come back the weapons and armour that any one can Grab Respawn.
    How are they different from:
    Materials like wood, ores etc. Will not Respawn as they're shared with all players.
    Please help me come to a understanding of this?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe armours and other items laying around the world are actually instanced. This is why when you walk into taverns you don't see all the food items missing while thieves are sneaking around looting.

The most simple way to test would be to ask a friend to check if one vanishes in his screen when you take it. As long as it's a public world area it shouldn't vanish on his screen.

Heavy Sacks and Chests are also global so players taking one will remove it for all players.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I believe armours and other items laying around the world are actually instanced. This is why when you walk into taverns you don't see all the food items missing while thieves are sneaking around looting.

The most simple way to test would be to ask a friend to check if one vanishes in his screen when you take it. As long as it's a public world area it shouldn't vanish on his screen.

Heavy Sacks and Chests are also global so players taking one will remove it for all players.

Thank you very much for clearing that up!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NP at all.

The exception to some of these rules are instanced dungeons, here for example each player may use a chest/heavy sack in most cases so everyone can enjoy the loot.