Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Got bitten several times at the Werewolf shrine and im not a Werewolf.

Dystrophy
Dystrophy
So I went to the Werewolf Shrine to get the curse, I left with about 20 Devour Debuffs, and no Lupinus. It would be nice if I woke up with the curse....as of now i have tons of Devour Debuffs if you want to check my character.
  • Dystrophy
    Dystrophy
    my skin turned black, i relogged twice to see if it was a lag thing....but when i came back on my skin was no longer black but i still had the tons of devour debuffs
  • MangBloodrage
    MangBloodrage
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there!

I'm not sure what the Devour buff you speak of is, but did you go to the shrine with another person, who is already a werewolf, to specifically bite you? Or did you try fighting werewolves found there?

Here is a very nice overview of how to contract Sanies Lupinus:

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-werewolf-eso/

It lists all the places where you can successfully get bitten, as well as a walkthrough of the quest you have to complete afterwards.

Hope this helps!
    We do not hide in the shadows like the sneky Ash, or slave over a furnace all day like sweaty Iron. For we are the strongest and bravest of the three legions. Our home is the battlefield and our life is the fight. We alone know the stench of the dragon's breath. We alone have stared deep into the lifeless eyes of the Ascalonian ghosts. And we have done so with honour.
  • Dystrophy
    Dystrophy
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Yes i went to the shrine with another player so that she could turn me. I did not contract Sanies Lupinus, my character now instead of Sanies Lupinus under my Active Effects has 20 or so Devour. I called it a debuff because it just says Devour with the werewolf devouring with blood icon next to it....20 times....
    My skin did turn black...but i checkd my AE and didnt see Sanies Lupinus then relogged...twice....the black skin went away the second time i relogged but still no Sanies Lupinus.
    In Fact i am logged in just now and see that i still have the 20 or so Devours under AE.
  • dinogn
    dinogn
    are you a vampire?
    maybe he does not wait 7 days after his last bite.
    Edited by dinogn on April 16, 2014 6:23AM
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    try /reloadui or relog (joke)
    I live for science!
  • SeuMadroga
    SeuMadroga
    Soul Shriven
    Hi friend, I´m having the same problem, how did you solve this problem??
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait...wait...wait...you fell down and turned black. Ok so step one is done.
    Now you have one week for the other steps. You know , the quest? Thru the portal? Read the notebook on the altar to make the portal open? Sound like something you did?
    Kill the boss inside the portal? The "acceptable sacrifice"?
    Call your blood brothers to feed?
    Bow at the altar?
    Transform back to human?
    Leave the portal?
    Open your SKILLS menu?
    See World skills> werewolf?
    Profit?

Edited to say: 20 icons for devour? What the? Do you have some kinda buff add on running?
    Do you have the skill tree for werewolf under your world tab for skills unlocked
    ?

Edited to say @Suemadroga you sure did a fine job searching for answers...all the way back a year!!
    Who knows if this guy is even playing anymore. Best to send in a help request or ask in anew thread. Maybe both.
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on March 27, 2015 4:30AM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • SeuMadroga
    SeuMadroga
    Soul Shriven
    this post is the only one that a found, with this problem
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok.
    So can you answer those questions and I'll try and help.
    We need the details.
    Member~ NZAD
  • SeuMadroga
    SeuMadroga
    Soul Shriven
    I was bitten bay a werewolf, and I should be infected by Sanies Lupinus disease, but when I was bitten the said that I am Imune to this disease.
    And now when I press C, I can see a loot of devour icon in my active effects, CLICK HERE TO SEE
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    SeuMadroga wrote: »
    I was bitten bay a werewolf, and I should be infected by Sanies Lupinus disease, but when I was bitten the said that I am Imune to this disease.
    And now when I press C, I can see a loot of devour icon in my active effects, CLICK HERE TO SEE

Contact customer support. There seems to be something wrong with your character
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to a Priest of Arkay in a capital city and see if they can cure you. Info on locations here>> http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/73040/locations-of-priest-of-arkay-to-cure-vampirism-lycan

The only way your immune is if your a vampire. They devour too. nope it's called Savage Feeding.

You didn't answer all my questions like:
    Do you have the disease listed in your buffs/debuffs? Like where the devour icon is?
    Did you get bitten by a player that is a werewolf or one roaming in the wild? If a wild one you need to do the quest parts.

Here's some info for you: read it carefully, watch the video...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Lycanthropy

Edited by SLy_Kyti on March 27, 2015 12:47PM
    Member~ NZAD
  • SeuMadroga
    SeuMadroga
    Soul Shriven
    No disease in my status
    And I was bitten by a friend
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bugged or vampire or I dunno...you have one week then it goes away. You can try again.
    But go to priest and check if your vamp ok?
    Member~ NZAD
  • SeuMadroga
    SeuMadroga
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE... THE DEVOUR STATUS HAS GONE
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you AD? Or what alliance?
    If AD go see Valaste in Mages guild, downstairs in Rwal kha.
    Or Prelate Sabinus on back of room.
    Just check to see if your bugged. You don't have to pay, just ask her, see what the dialog says.

Edited by SLy_Kyti on March 27, 2015 1:57PM
    Member~ NZAD
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the other player successfully bites you, you should get knocked to the ground in the process. Stand in front of the shrine facing it, the werewolf player behind you with his ultimate charged. He should hit the ultimate key, and then immediately start hammering the devour key (X). The trick is to bite you while he is transforming. That's the only way i ever got it to work.
  • Wisler89
    Wisler89
    ✭✭✭
    The Werwolf timer doesn't go down, as long as you are close to the shrine. I often had the problem that I couldn't bite someone if the timer was at the maximum. To solve this I had to walk away from the shrine, let the timer decrease a little bit and return to the shrine (where the timer was frozen once again), after doing this I could bite someone.

For the Necromancer of this thread: It helps if you have screenshots, that show all your buffs not just a few of them (at least different in your case, never saw someone with so many devour thingies).
    Eclaire Farron, V16 Sorc
    Claire Etro, V16 NB
    Leveling a DK and Temp because I'm bored
    Server: EU - AD, Guild: Lux Dei
  • SeuMadroga
    SeuMadroga
    Soul Shriven
    I suspect there was a bug.. now I,m already a werewolf... thanks all for the help!!!
  • Trikki
    Trikki
    ✭✭✭
    Had this issue today on my VR5 Sorc, removed Vamp at the Priest of Arkay, went to shrine to get bitten and then every time someone tried to bite got Immune message and a Devour buff (have 8 of them atm).

Tried again a few hours later, same deal.
    Edited by Trikki on July 28, 2015 6:25AM