Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

new gear

kamikaze590
Hello everyone, I was wondering is there any cool armor that you can get from craglorn or cyrodil? It seems that whenever I finish a quest it doesn't give me cool armor and I'm looking for something to hold me off until the Imperial city dlc armor. Oh and by the way I'm veteran rank 5, my alliance is the daggerfall covenant, oh and one more thing is there an area that drops the yellow gear?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn and Cyrodiil both have some unique armor sets that give you special bonuses. So do Veteran Rank dungeons and the Trials.

Craglorn is intended for Veteran Rank 10 characters in groups, so you will probably find the content pretty difficult at your level. The gear sets in Cyrodiil are going to pretty much require that you participate in PvP, so just make sure you are okay with that before entering.

Yellow drops are typically found by doing endgame content (dungeons, trials, etc.)...I have never gotten a yellow drop in the open world and I have played since PC launch.
  • kamikaze590
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Craglorn and Cyrodiil both have some unique armor sets that give you special bonuses. So do Veteran Rank dungeons and the Trials.

Craglorn is intended for Veteran Rank 10 characters in groups, so you will probably find the content pretty difficult at your level. The gear sets in Cyrodiil are going to pretty much require that you participate in PvP, so just make sure you are okay with that before entering.

Yellow drops are typically found by doing endgame content (dungeons, trials, etc.)...I have never gotten a yellow drop in the open world and I have played since PC launch.

Oh ok cool! Thanks! (:
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are only two situations where you can get legendary (=yellow) gear without crafting it yourself or buying it from another player.
    If you belong to the top 2% of your alliance in your campaign, you'll get a legendary item at the end of the campaign. This can be a master's weapon or any piece of one of the trial sets.
    If you are placed in the top 100 for the weekly trial, you'll get a legendary item at the end of the week. When DSA is weekly you'll get either a master's weapon or Healer / Footman jewellery. When SO is weekly, you'll get one piece of one of the three SO armour sets. When AA or HR is weekly you get a random piece of one of the AA/HR sets.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I'd like to ask a question on similar ground: about what level does the yellow mats start dropping? I'm VR5 and I've only found 1 Dreugh wax (breaking down a purple armor). That's the only yellow I've ever found so far.

I'm in no rush to acquire them, I'm just curious as to about when they start showing up.

Thanks.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I'd like to ask a question on similar ground: about what level does the yellow mats start dropping? I'm VR5 and I've only found 1 Dreugh wax (breaking down a purple armor). That's the only yellow I've ever found so far.

I'm in no rush to acquire them, I'm just curious as to about when they start showing up.

Thanks.

your yellow crafting mats will be more easily found refining raw gathered materials with maxed refining skills

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• kamikaze590
    Violynne wrote: »

Thanks.

Hey man! Feel free to comment on my threads! Everyone is welcome! (: