Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Destroyed roast pig recipe by accident

jayeson
jayeson
Soul Shriven
Trying to finish provision certification but I destroyed the roasted pig recipe that I got from the chest
What do I do now? I've looked all over the guilds stores for it but no luck.
Please help.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try abandoning the quest and starting over. That might give it to you. If not, you'll have to hope for luck finding it in a guild store, or as a drop (sometimes recipes drop from mobs, but most often they can be found in containers - especially backpacks).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    You don't need the recipe to become a provisioner. Just carry on questing and make sure you search all containers and you will find recipes (needs to be in first zone to ensure you get the low level provision recipes). It's not ideal but if you cannot retrieve that recipe then it might be the only solution.

Always be careful what you destroy. Before I delete anything I go through my entire bag, learn recipes, equip gear, make notes of triats I want on gear for reasearch, etc. It only takes a few minutes but it will save you a lot of headaches.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBaboon wrote: »
    You don't need the recipe to become a provisioner. Just carry on questing and make sure you search all containers and you will find recipes (needs to be in first zone to ensure you get the low level provision recipes). It's not ideal but if you cannot retrieve that recipe then it might be the only solution.

Always be careful what you destroy. Before I delete anything I go through my entire bag, learn recipes, equip gear, make notes of triats I want on gear for reasearch, etc. It only takes a few minutes but it will save you a lot of headaches.
    You do need that particular recipe to complete the certification quest, though. You can skip the quest if you're already above a certain level in your provisioning skill, though, and just get certified without the quest.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • TyCobbBA365
    Try looking in the guild stores for the completed dish. You, yourself, don't have to make the recipe in order to finish the quest as long as someone made it. Buying the dish will count towards the completed quest. Or have someone make the dish for you.
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    Try looking in the guild stores for the completed dish. You, yourself, don't have to make the recipe in order to finish the quest as long as someone made it. Buying the dish will count towards the completed quest. Or have someone make the dish for you.

If this is true (don't know, never done it) then you could save yourself a lot of time and just create a new character, skip the intro, run to the provision quest and compete it, or maybe even give the recipe to your provisioner from the alt. just an idea.

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jayeson wrote: »
    Trying to finish provision certification but I destroyed the roasted pig recipe that I got from the chest
    Please help.
    Quick question: did you destroy it before you talked to the one who gave you the quest?

If so, then abandon the quest and start over. You'll find the recipe again.

If not, then continue with the quest, which the next phase is getting the pig (it's usually in the inn as well). Turn in the quest, and you'll be asked to do the recipe. Since it has no other ingredients, you just need to cook it.

Certification will then be yours. :)
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you get your provisioning upto about 11-15 i think, you can just tell the certification guy to just certfity you without having to do the quest.

(i found this out on a low level alt)
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    jayeson wrote: »
    Please help.

Make a second account, get the recipe, put in your bank, switch accounts, retrieve recipe from bank