Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you change your name?

GravMasterOC
GravMasterOC
Soul Shriven
Can you change the name that your fave your character at the end of character creation?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have already created a character than no you can't change it's name by normal means.

There is a chance it could be done via ZOS GM's but to my knowledge they don't change names other than adding capital letters (as the name doesn't change) or renaming offensive named characters.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dimebagd88
    Turelus, how would I go about talking to a gm?
  • LegendarySyn
    Has anyone got info on how to do this? I gave my primary character the same name I have on this forum and for some reason ESO opted to ignore that I capitalized the S in Syn. Now the character name is Legendarysyn, which just looks ***. I literally just want my capital S.
  • Elk
    Elk
    This is a reply to a request from other players with your problem.

ZOS_PierreLZOS_PierreL
    admin
    I had to remove it as the edit option was not working.

I wanted to add that "We currently don't change character name in-game via our Support either".
    We can do it only if the name is inappropriate.
    Edited by ZOS_PierreL on April 12, 2015 2:36PM

Sorry for the news, but maybe they will change their mind at a later date because of more players wanting a NAME change also the game was just launched around 2 days ago so they will probably add more stuff later on, because as for now they are probably fixing any errors that are on the game.
  • BigBossDG
    BigBossDG
    Soul Shriven
    Me too. My name was supposed to be BigBossDG and somehow became Bigbossdg. Why?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    BigBossDG wrote: »
    Me too. My name was supposed to be BigBossDG and somehow became Bigbossdg. Why?

Just a thought: Maybe the game doesn't allow for multiple capital letters within a single word. I know the game will capitalize letters after an apostrophe (e.g. O'Riley, O'Hare, etc.), but maybe it doesn't allow multiple capitals in other situations. Does anyone have a character with a name that has multiple capitals without some form of punctuation proceeding them?

• Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Unless your in a guild and playing on a console no one can see your Characters name, they see your PSN name for PS4 unsure If same applies to xbox but would imagine it does.
    Edited by Artfuldodger on July 27, 2015 9:31PM
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game tries to stick to correct formatting for names, which means it automatically puts capital letters at the start of a word and doesn't let you have capital letters in the middle of a word (unless it's after punctuation as Allyhoo said).

But it does let you put spaces in names, so you could call your character Legendary Syn.

However the only way to change it is to delete them and re-make them with the correct name.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"