Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

old

mefsh
mefsh
Soul Shriven
Edited by mefsh on October 23, 2022 3:20AM
  • KillSide
    KillSide
    mefsh wrote: »
    So i accidentally stool a helmet when i was trying to take to a black smith is there like some kind of mod that puts a warning messege up on your screen instead of just stealing it and making new charters like me go throw that tortorile stage agan

No, If you want to get rid of the bounty quick, you have some options:
    1. wait for it to end.
    2. Pay the bounty (Will cause lose of your stolen items)
    3. Log off, come back in a hour.
    Edited by KillSide on July 26, 2015 4:40PM
    PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Any item that is owned has a red text prompt stating "steal" when you mouse over it, so you should be able to avoid most cases of accidentally stealing. But don't worry, I think we've all gotten in grove where we accidentally picked up something we didn't intend to, the bounty will fade.

I'm not sure what you mean when you mentioned having to go through the tutorial again because you stole...But it has been awhile since I did the tutorial, so maybe I'm just not remembering something.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You definitely shouldn't have to go through the tutorial again just because you stole something. Do you mean the game actually made you do it? Or did you for some reason feel you had to delete the character and re-make them simply because they stole one item?

The best way to avoid it in future is to check what you're targeting before you press the key, especially since so many actions in this game share one key.

But if you do accidentally steal something you can just pay the bounty, or log out until it's decayed (usually about an hour, and you can play another character in that time). Or stay away from cities and the guards won't find you.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Cookiethief
    Cookiethief
    ✭✭✭
    You deleted your character cause you stole something........ What?
    My biggest fear in life is, ending up marrying a girl who is lactose intolerant, think about it you would have to purchase double the amount of milk every week, cause you enjoy the goodness of full cream milk and she is drinking soy beans, and her milk takes up extra room in the fridge, or when you are doing a midnight run to the fridge to get a nice cup of milk and to accidentally pour some Soy milk. I couldn't imagine a worst way to do married life. - Barry Scott
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've occasionally accidentally stolen something off a table in full view. Fortunately most of the time its not near a guard and if I choose, I can instantly log out and let my bounty lapse. Still not harm in paying a relatively small bounty.

Its only if you want purity that stealing is a problem.

The justice system has introduced some unexpected surprises.

My most recent toon I forgot to set my Avoid attack innocent's Option on and I accidentally set off a curse in town and was instantly ganked by town guards. I thought, oh well, I will leave the option off and see how it changes how careful I am in town, which worked until I accidentally killed an alliance NPC when attacking a hostile mob it was fighting and got the Murderer Achievement. Decided to turn on the "don't hit innocents" option after all.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend