The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rivenspire visual glitch in sky.

Vraedlich
Vraedlich
✭✭
I have only seen myself refer to this but I have not had problems in other areas or games.

http://i.imgur.com/XbMiWZR.jpg

When I get close enough for the red beam/lightning to show, hundreds of squares show up and move toward the centre of the mountain and it is massively ugly/distracting.

GPU is 7970, settings in game and panel are high.

Just wondering what it could be, looks like the kind of masking error I have seen on low spec graphic cards in the past when loading too many transparent objects but I severely doubt a 7970 would struggle with this.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this every now and then (also in Rivenspire) with my old Windows installation that was using DirectX 9, but not anymore using DirectX 11. I assume you have at least Windows 7 which uses DX 11, so you might want to check your usersettings file (Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/usersettings.txt) to see if the line "SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11"" is set to 9 instead of 11 ("SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D9"). If it is, change the 9 to 11. I hope this helps :)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Vraedlich
    Vraedlich
    ✭✭
    It is set to D3D11 already, but that was a good suggestion. I do have Windows 7 and have tried two different 7970 cards, Direct X is definitely up to date as is NET framework etc.
    Edited by Vraedlich on July 26, 2015 11:03PM