Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Issues on EU Server - No Issues on NA Server

GodParticle
This is a strange one, I have mentioned this on a reply in a post...so please forgive me but it seems like a 'own thread' situation

I was having issues like most people and because I live in the UK, I played on the EU Server using the EU Client.

Then I read on the forums about the ability of playing on the NA servers....so I installed the NA client and started playing.

Now, using my EU client, I could only set it graphically to Medium...becuase I was consistantly crashing...everytime I was changing instances..so someone said 'lower gfx will fix this', obviously it didnt.

Using the NA client, everything is perfect, I am now even playing on High graphics setting with consistent FPS.

I DONT KNOW WHY!

The only difference between them are the following folders:
vo_fr
vo_de

So, my question is this, can I delete these 2 language folders..as I'm english, so therefore I dont need them...and would doing so fix my issues on EU server?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q1: So, my question is this, can I delete these 2 language folders.

A1: Yes

Q2: would doing so fix my issues on EU server?
    A2: likely not

If im correct the two servers also requires two clients. This means the issue is in your instalation. likely something went wrong when copying things over.

I recommend the following steps (in order of impact):

1: remove usersettings.txt from the liveeu folder (in my documents).
    2: ensure your running the game as admin.
    3: repair the EU-client
    4: reinstall the EU-client.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • GodParticle
    Thanks for the advice...will keep you posted
  • sand_man
    sand_man
    imo dont do a repair of the game. my suggestion is to completly delete the game folder and let the launcher redownload the entire thing. that way u can be completly sure ur getting a fresh install. because patching can sometimes lead to weird things happening and im not sure if just doing an repair will take care of the issue.