Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fight Against Molag Bal-Disappointing or Not? (May Contain Spoilers)

Proffit91
Proffit91
Molag Bal: Did He Live Up to the Hype?

This is only my personal opinion and I'm posting this to see if I'm alone in the way I feel!

Overall I found the main quest line to be pretty interesting and captivating! There were even a few times I was really excited to see what happened next and couldn't wait to see Varen, that old SOB. The questing is my bread and butter in an RPG. It's my ice breaker, my foreplay, if you will. Not only does it serve to teach me the basics of the game and grants me some substance in doing so, instead of grinding on mobs all day. It also gives me a chance to quench some of the fantasy nerd in me!

I love RPG games, especially MMORPG's. There is nothing better than a solid RPG, except when you add thousands of players to the mix! But with any RPG my initial interest (and really one of my first indications as to what I can expect from the game as a whole generally) is the quality of experience when questing! I immerse myself in the quests. I read everything and pay attention to what's happening. I try and follow the story and create a completely wholesome experience where I really put myself in the game. That's how I enjoy RPG's and that's a big reason why I personally play them. Skyrim for example, I knew pretty much straight away (once you get by that God awful intro lol) that it was going to be a game to hold me, and it did! But now up to present with ESOTU.

The other night I finally made it to the epic point of fighting Molag Bal himself! I was so excited to fight him! The last month of gaming lead up to that exact moment in time. That undeniable course of fate! I almost wasn't ready. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was expecting a slaughter with me on the receiving end. Unfortunately...I almost feel like the mobs directly leading up to him were far harder to fight and kill than their Daedric Prince himself (not really but you get the point!). I stil enjoyed the Quest, and the Amulet of Kings made you feel like a complete badass, but was it maybe too much badass? Did it maybe dumb down the quest too much for us? My main question right now to us as the consumers, and to the devs as the creators is are we lacking in some of that genuine experience because everything has to be paint by numbers now?

This is a common problem I find in games now is that we've all becomes so lazy and used to everything being laid out in front of us; that it translates into video games. Where you used to have to use your noodle and search for something, or put some clues together (remember Runescape back in the day?)-now you follow the yellow brick road and presto! I feel like this Quest was a perfect example of paint by numbers video gaming. When I'm fighting a Daedric Prince I want that *** to be difficult! Ancient Amulet or not! I should be sweating! I should be on edge and gripping my seat. I should have to STRUGGLE to survive...I've had far more troubles fighting a group boss by myself. Granted he took one hell of an ass whooping and let me beat on him for like 5 minutes, it just wasn't that difficult. I was expecting a lot more from it. The visuals and story were dope, Molag Bal was one of the most well done characters in my opinion and it was nice to finally get to be face to face with him. But as for the quest, a wee bit of a let down!

It hasn't changed my outlook on the game any though! I'm still addicted, still lovin' it. Even more so now that I hit V1! I just wanted to see if anyone else was kinda thinking the same thing as me on this one. Seemed to be such a large build-up for such a relatively mundane ending in terms of actual game play.

Drop your comments below!

P.S. If you're playing on the PS4 check out our Guild Thread: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/195044/order-of-the-higher-cause-social-guild#latest

Drop some comments and let me know your opinions on this quest!

Cheers
jfkcas.jpg
Level 24 Gamer
Founder: 'Order of The Higher Cause'
|PSN: Proffit91| |Skype: Proffit91| |Twitter: @TheProff91| |Instagram: @proffit91|

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that checking the entire forum to see if there is a recent thread bout something is not something people do, but I also think the least that can be expected to check the frontpage of the second you are posting in. Thats where you can find this very recent thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/194156/anyone-else-disappointed-by-the-molag-gal-fight#latest

It is not the first and not the last thread bout it.

So excuse me for copy-pasting my reaction from there:
    I think the main issue here is that it is needed to defeat him to continue to cadwell's silver. so being blocked by lack of skill cause you can't kill him will be a frustrating experience.

This isn't the end of the game and people being blocked by it get a bad experience.

The difficultylevel till then is designed to tell people the "learn to play" message early on. To have a dramatic increase in difficulty just at the very end of the story and being blocked to progress to veteran rank content would be too much game breaking.

This is an issue in many games. The final story step is not the end, but only a new beginning. In e.g. GW1 it was needed to unlock hardmode.

I'm perfectly ok if they make the fight more daunting, but only if it is pushed to a side-track where you still get cadwell's silver and gold if you can't do it, or not even want to try.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • JacksonCarter13
    JacksonCarter13
    ✭✭✭
    They super nerfed it like everything else. Pve content is a joke the only competition is pvp. Remember whe spindleclutch was actually difficult and Doisha. So much fun. I convinced my little bro to buy the game. He rolled a dk and has never died. Level 23 and it's joke. Just carebears complain complain and now we have this. Thanks guys! Can't even get my bro interested because it's a joke.