The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Provisioning and Fragments with alts

Siniztor
Siniztor
✭✭✭
Ok PC players gonna ask some advice here..

I have 3 level 50 provisioners...2 that are vr and one level 7...Here in lines the question since the fragments are coming to console Soon(™)..Should igrind my level 7 to 50 so he can do teir 6 writs or should i just grind one or two more provisioners..
From what i read each tier you go up increases your chances at getting a fragment and sine pre-50 max'd out provisioners can't do teir 6 only what tier 4(?)..i just not sure if i wanna grind another 50 right now or just say screw it asnd grind 2 more provisioners lol i have the mats i think
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, you want max level provisioners for those frags. That said, If you can get the recipes and mats, I'd do Both.

With 5 max level provisioners doing the writs daily, I got no frags for about a month after it came to PC. Finally in the last couple of weeks I got 6/7 frags with one duplicate that I traded for my last piece.

So RNG is a huge factor, you should do everything you can to maximize your chances :)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 8 level 50 provisioners. 3 are vets, the rest are below level 15 but are doing level V writs with turn in at Cold Harbor. I got 5 of the seven fragments from only two of the vets. I got a good price on the other two fragments. You still have a chance with writ V and below, but the odds seem much better for writ VI on vet characters. I would say the more vets doing the writs, the better your odds. I've gotten 3 more fragments since I completed the recipe, all still from the same 2 vet characters. Weird how 1 vet hasn't gotten any, but that's RNG for you. :o
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Siniztor
    Siniztor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks..guess ill suck it up and grind my NB..uggg so not liking NB
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got all 7 fragments from my vets and none from lower level characters. You definitely want to do as many tier VI writs as possible.
    Options