Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Doesn't Carry Over.

mistermutiny89
mistermutiny89
✭✭✭✭✭
(Old news for some but remember there are new console players).

So I just found out that Eidetic Memory doesn't carry over to your new character and to be honest I've just died a little on the inside. Spending the hours I did and knowing I won't get meteor until after Cadwell Silver is so so harsh. Perhaps even cruel.

Has anyone managed to get to Mages Guild rank 10 without having to collect books from 12 maps? My first play through had me collect all from two alliance maps plus cold harbour plus exactly one book from gold. If anyone has a faster way please let me know. Was hoping to level this character at vr1 till next update but this is my fire Mage dk that will be relying on a shooting star build.

Perhaps the PvP players have used Cyrodiil? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
XB1 EU
EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was actually about Eidetic Memory... It would be nice if I had access to my entire in-game lore collection, now it's spread across several characters. But that's fine, I can browse UESP or TIL when I feel like buffing up on lore.

I'm against automatically unlocking skills on a new character who didn't earn them. As if Cyrodiil needed more meteor showers, lol.
    Edited by Rosveen on July 25, 2015 10:12AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character's rank 10 in the Mages Guild and they've only completed 3 zones in Cadwell's Silver. Hence, they've not touched Cadwell's Gold. I can't really tell you more than that, other than I personally know you won't have to do 'too' much of the Almanac to get to rank 10. Though really there are no shortcuts.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I thought this thread was actually about Eidetic Memory... It would be nice if I had access to my entire in-game lore collection, now it's spread across several characters. But that's fine, I can browse UESP or TIL when I feel like buffing up on lore.

I'm against automatically unlocking skills on a new character who didn't earn them. As if Cyrodiil needed more meteor showers, lol.

Some of us could never get PvP kills before Meteor showers came along haha ... I'm useless at PvP and can never seem to do the damage even with a glass cannon v14 nb haha but meteor does help.. However my DK's meteor is more for me in PVE.

@Rev Rielle thanks for your reply too rev... I will try to use that as my meteor goal.. If by such time I am still not rank 10 I may ask to compare collections if that's okay by you. Perhaps the fact I don't do group dungeons is a major contributing factor too..
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are also Lorebooks out in Cyrodiil itself.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the fact I don't do group dungeons is a major contributing factor too..

I believe there is only one lore book in each group dungeon, so it shouldn't hurt you too terribly if you don't complete them :)

I was also able to get Mage's Guild 10 during the 3rd Zone of Cadwell's Silver, but I am pretty obsessive about collecting my lorebooks lol