Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting the final "main quest"? (potential spoiler)

Stickbow
Stickbow
✭✭✭
(can't figure out how to do the "SPOILER" bb code....sorry; I tried to make it as "unspoilerly" as possible)

I defeated our friend Mannimarco when given that quest at 40-whatever. I was told I have choices to make, I finally went to Coldharbour at 48-49 and am up to the Reaver's tower at Vet lvl 1+, but haven't been asked by our friend the former prophet to A) Make my choice (they all tell me it's a tough choice when I talk to them) or B) dispose of Molag Bal.

I'm used to hitting a trigger level and having the Prophet's visage talk to me when I zone into a city, but that hasn't happened, so I went back to the Harborage to visit them - nothing new...

Question - is it bugged, or waiting on me to progress through the core story in Coldharbour and finish clearing the way to his secret lair?

You can tell me "patience grasshopper" if the latter is the case; I just want to know if my toon is bugged so I can report it if I was 'sposed to get a visit and haven't.
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    Have you finished the Fighters' Guild and Mages Guild quests yet? I was handed a new "main quest" when I did that, despite being stuck on Lyris's doppelganger in the level 30 Harborage quest.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need to finish "final assault", stop planemelt, before picking up the final quest to confront Molag Bal.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think after you find the scattered guild fighters and mages in Coldharbour you get Bal quest. I hadn't finished everything in Coldharbour either.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think after you find the scattered guild fighters and mages in Coldharbour you get Bal quest. I hadn't finished everything in Coldharbour either.

no, the questline of stopping planemelt, which involves mages and fighters guide, is separate from Prophet's questline, which involves fight Molag Bar himself.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    I've done everything but the final (I assume) steps to getting to Molag Bal. Killed his daughter, cleared the Orchard. I have finished Fighter's and Mage's Guild, and finished all the documented "main quest" steps through Mannimarco and have been told I have to make the decision between the three (hard to talk about this w/o spoilers!!)I'm thinking crislevin is right if I read their first comment correctly - I need to be patient and go finish the most northern part of the Coldharbour quests (Final Assault). I'll post once I know for sure - hopefully tonight!

(edited to add) Thank you for the responses!!
    Edited by Stickbow on May 7, 2014 10:33PM
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    Update after completing "Final Assault". I was careful to only work on/complete Final Assault last night. Upon exiting the Chapel/Temple, I was contacted and told to come to the Harborage. So - I shoulda been patient.

Thanks for everyone's input!!
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    BTW - this seems to be the only main story line quest that has pre-reqs outside of the main quest line. They all behaved like it was level driven as far as I could tell.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stickbow wrote: »
    BTW - this seems to be the only main story line quest that has pre-reqs outside of the main quest line. They all behaved like it was level driven as far as I could tell.

That's an interesting observation. I did finish final assault at level 45 and picked up the last quest to fight Molag. So I cannot say if "final assault" is the ONLY requirement, and level 45 is not.
  • cerf
    cerf
    crislevin wrote: »
    Stickbow wrote: »

That's an interesting observation. I did finish final assault at level 45 and picked up the last quest to fight Molag. So I cannot say if "final assault" is the ONLY requirement, and level 45 is not.

I received the quest at level 40 so it must be final assault.

Edit: wow sorry. Didn't realize this thread was over a year old haha.
    Edited by cerf on July 24, 2015 9:29PM
    PSN: sifuhoot