Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eso plus and dlc question.

predkill29
predkill29
✭✭
So I know if I have eso plus I get dlc with it, but if I cancle eso plus what happens to the dlc. Do you keep it or does it go away with the eso plus. Sorry if it's a stupid question
-Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
Master crafter
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your ESO+ lapses, you loose access to any DLC. This has been a point of contention since the system was announced. Lots of pro/con threads, if you care to search.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you get to keep any loot that you carted back from any DLC areas, though.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Both of the above posters are correct. If your ESO+ subscription lapses, you will lose access to all DLC content. When/if you renew ESO+, you will regain access to all DLC content. However, you will always get to keep any gear, mats, gold, costumes, pets, etc. earned while playing the DLC content.

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    If your ESO+ lapses, you loose access to any DLC. This has been a point of contention since the system was announced. Lots of pro/con threads, if you care to search.

You can buy the DLC using crowns, so if you sub for a month and like it you can top up your crowns and buy it outright and it actually works out cheaper than buying it outright with just a crown store purchase if you offset the XP and gold and other add-ons from ESO plus you enjoyed for a month
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

You can buy the DLC using crowns, so if you sub for a month and like it you can top up your crowns and buy it outright and it actually works out cheaper than buying it outright with just a crown store purchase if you offset the XP and gold and other add-ons from ESO plus you enjoyed for a month
    Not really. Large crown packages are cheaper than sub, especially for console players who have only 1 month sub option.
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    Well, basically you can just start saving crowns, and one day, you can cancel the ESO plus and just buy the DLC's you still want with your "free" crowns.
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    Rosveen wrote: »

Not really. Large crown packages are cheaper than sub, especially for console players who have only 1 month sub option.

you forget the added bonus of the ESO plus, also 1500 crowns costs me €14,99 1 month ESO Plus costs me €13,99 so its cheaper to go 1 month for the same amount of crowns, and not thinking of the actuall added ESO plus bonus,
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    DuroNL wrote: »

you forget the added bonus of the ESO plus, also 1500 crowns costs me €14,99 1 month ESO Plus costs me €13,99 so its cheaper to go 1 month for the same amount of crowns, and not thinking of the actuall added ESO plus bonus,

The xp bonus of eso plus membership is utterly useless unless you powerlevel (which will deminish your character cause you miss out a lot of skillpoints. Honestly it is a shame that they offer it in the first place. It seems another sign that the marketing debt has no clue how the game actually works.

As for your pricing. the current prices for eso+membership is 11.99 euro per month (average price depending on the lenght of the sub). So it is 11.99 euro for 1500 gems.

Depending on the size of the crownpack, they cost an average of 11,75 euro per month for 1500 gems. So ESO+ is 0,25 euro more expensive when it comes to gems. As the rest is utterly worthless, you make a loss and are cheaper off buying dlc's (and other gemstore content) directly with crowns you buy, specially when you buy in bulk.

And yes, you can discuss bout the size of the package and how to compare it to the length of the sub. Both give a discount if bought in bulk. That is why I took the averages of both. It is the most fair way to compare the two.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I did specifically mention large crown packages. Averages are nicely explained above. I don't remember crown prices in USD, but in my currency it comes out to 34.9 for 1500 crowns if I buy the 5500 package and 40 for 1500 if I buy a 6 month sub. The choice is clear. ESO Plus bonuses are worthless to me, but of course others may feel differently.

That said, subbing is a good way of testing the DLC outside the PTS. If you don't like it, you still have 1500 crowns to spend on the next DLC or cosmetic fluff.
    Edited by Rosveen on July 24, 2015 10:29AM
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    Ranique wrote: »

The xp bonus of eso plus membership is utterly useless unless you powerlevel (which will deminish your character cause you miss out a lot of skillpoints. Honestly it is a shame that they offer it in the first place. It seems another sign that the marketing debt has no clue how the game actually works.

As for your pricing. the current prices for eso+membership is 11.99 euro per month (average price depending on the lenght of the sub). So it is 11.99 euro for 1500 gems.

Depending on the size of the crownpack, they cost an average of 11,75 euro per month for 1500 gems. So ESO+ is 0,25 euro more expensive when it comes to gems. As the rest is utterly worthless, you make a loss and are cheaper off buying dlc's (and other gemstore content) directly with crowns you buy, specially when you buy in bulk.

And yes, you can discuss bout the size of the package and how to compare it to the length of the sub. Both give a discount if bought in bulk. That is why I took the averages of both. It is the most fair way to compare the two.

Whats worthless for you might not be so worthless for someone else, its a matter of opinion, if you rather buy big bulks of Crowns, then by all means go spend money on it. besides the DLC and maybe Motifs there is not really much interesting in the Crown store to begin with. so most people will end up wasting the rest of the crowns on useless items.

again matter of opinion, some might argue that a Crown store mount is quite epic etc. etc.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

Whats worthless for you might not be so worthless for someone else, its a matter of opinion, if you rather buy big bulks of Crowns, then by all means go spend money on it. besides the DLC and maybe Motifs there is not really much interesting in the Crown store to begin with. so most people will end up wasting the rest of the crowns on useless items.

again matter of opinion, some might argue that a Crown store mount is quite epic etc. etc.

In this case it isn't an opinion. It is hard numbers. And yes. I took average numbers. But also if you take a 1 month sub (12,99 euro) and compare it to the 1500 crowns pack (12,99 euro), it is exactly the same.

Keep in mind that this comparing the reward for a sub with a one time purchase. So the only real conclusion is that the sub has no advantage at all and is more money for the same thing. It is ok for supporting ESO, but not for having the most use for your money.

As said, I don't think ZoS marketing ever played the game, let alone know what is important for the players.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Younlot might be screwed Using Euros but its deffo cheaper thatbway with UK £
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point is that rather than buy you can rengbit one month and with the crowns you get from renting you offset some of the cost. If you like it you can buy it by topping up your crowns and in the UK it works out £2 cheaper as ESO plus is only £9.99

If you don't like it you spend the crowns else where and saves your self a purchase
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL

In this case it isn't an opinion. It is hard numbers. And yes. I took average numbers. But also if you take a 1 month sub (12,99 euro) and compare it to the 1500 crowns pack (12,99 euro), it is exactly the same.

Keep in mind that this comparing the reward for a sub with a one time purchase. So the only real conclusion is that the sub has no advantage at all and is more money for the same thing. It is ok for supporting ESO, but not for having the most use for your money.

As said, I don't think ZoS marketing ever played the game, let alone know what is important for the players.

I get where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter stays that its an opinion for me to feel that the added ESO plus bonus is worth more than just 1500 Crowns. you are simply comparing the amount of crowns with each other and disregard the extra bonus in the eso plus.

Certainly now with DLC coming, if i enjoy my monthly influx of 1500 crowns, and i benefit from the 10% increase in gold, XP and trait research. as an added added bonus i get to play all of the DLC content. so my value just went up again.

But, for you it migh tall be a waste, and you might rather purchase 5000 crowns, get the DLC and purchase some motifs or mounts with the rest of the crowns.

Edited by DuroNL on July 24, 2015 12:38PM